Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. G3kk3g3rt2002

G3kk3g3rt2002 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten!

I just tried installing this masterpiece for Automobilista but i cant get it to work. Can you or someone else help me out?

2. G3kk3g3rt2002

G3kk3g3rt2002 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is working after digging arround! I couldnt figure out where to put the connector

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad you got it sorted :)

4. elchatarrero

elchatarrero New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello very good, I would like to know why it works in all the simulators like Assetto Corsa, automobilista and now I cannot make it work at ACC, Sialguien can help me I would appreciate it because for me it is a very important tool. Thank you!!!!!

5. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I searched but I couldn't find an answer -

I run RRRE and AMS1 at 3840x1200 & 100hz on my main pc, and I am thinking of buying a USB monitor to plug into the same pc to display this app.
    The one I am interested in is 16inch, but res is only 1366x768 @ 60hz. Do you think that would still work ok, or might there be some kind of incompatibility due to the different res / refresh rates?

Many thanks, it's a great app, thanks for your work on it.

6. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    And another question - is there any way to manually change the font size, particularly the ones in the timing grid?
    Thanks

7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    Many errors for Rf2

Error | 2022-10-10 10:17:42.1575 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :531,009536025248
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.CheckValidityByPlayer(DriverInfo driver)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.AddDriversData(SimulatorDataSet data, Rf2FullData rfData)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.CreateSimulatorDataSet(Rf2FullData rfData)
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.CreateSimulatorDataSet(Rf2FullData rfData)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector.<DaemonMethod>d__26.MoveNext()
    Error | 2022-10-10 10:17:42.1875 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :531,012183323448
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.CheckValidityByPlayer(DriverInfo driver)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.SharedMemory.Rf2DataConverter.AddDriversData(SimulatorDataSet data, Rf2FullData rfData)
    à SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector.<DaemonMethod>d__26.MoveNext()
    Error | 2022-10-10 10:17:42.2175 | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.Rf2Connector | 0 | RF2Invalid Package Caused by Exception | SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException ---> SecondMonitor.RF2Connector.RF2InvalidPackageException: Players distance was :531,012183323448

Attached Files:

• log.7z
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I know this is an old post but I'm just starting learn all this now and just wondering, my ride height and aero charts look different to examples above, downforce is reading negative values?...is this all as it should be?

Attached Files:

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't know either, but I'd try driving a car with a lot of downforce (like P1) and a car without downforce (Formula Junior) and see how different the graphs are. If I remember correctly, Alex said that Formula Junior even generates a bit of lift at high speeds instead of downforce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the long delay to replies, but IRL is busy right now ;)
    SecondMonitor_0LED4vK5KZ.png
    On global no, but for the timing grid you're able to define font size for each of the columns.
    Also, the app should work on such screen noproblem, you might have to edit the layout and remove things you don't require (because of the lower resolutions). But refresh rate difference will not affect the app. :)

Yep, those are OK. It's just some weird things RF2 does when going into menu, or pausing (if I remember correctly), like the cars continue to move in data, or are reset to 0,0,0 coordinates. That's why some sanity checks are in place, so the app will display correct information.

In r3e all the downforce data come directly from the sim, so that is 100% what the sim is exporting. And negative downforce can happen, especially in older, non-downforce cars. I would also check the rake, it will most likely be negative. That means that the front of the car is higher then the rear, air gets under the car and starts to lift it, thus the negative downforce.

In madness sims (AMS2, Pcars 2) you will also see negative downforce, but that is because those sim don't provided downforce values in data, and thus they are computed from suspension travel. And because madness engine reports suspension in reverse of what it shold be, you get negative downforce... :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Great thank you, (sorry, I should have been able to find that myself, not sure how I missed it).

It's a great app by the way, I especially like the way it shows the damage to body/engine etc. I run a DIY career spreadsheet and amongst other things, I use Second Monitor to help me determine how much I have to pay if I damage the car :)

12. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I hear what you are saying but it doesn't matter what you do with the ride height it still shows negative, wouldn't the rear wing offer some sort of downforce? Just seems wierd to me?...o_O

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, it might, but I'm not sure it would offset the 'negative' aspect of the front being lifted. Then there is also the issue that lifting the front will affect rear wing AOE, thus it's downforce.... anyway, this is all for the R3E physics guys to figure out.
    The app is just showing what R3E shares in 'overall downforce' property :)

14. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Negative downforce

Attached Files:

15. Henri Nurmela

Henri Nurmela New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I don't know if this has been asked before but it would be nice to add an "Race engineer" mode to the plugins app that would take info from both the local and remote machine. In our last race I used your app but being connected to the remote machine the whole thing was a couple of minutes behind. I also have myself spectating the race and when I restart the SM while my game is running it starts taking data from my game (and thus not getting info from my driver). Ideally, it would sync the local and remote machines to give the double accurate information. Multiple remote tracking would also be nice, but it's probably too far of a stretch.
    Overall very nice app, helps a lot.
    Cheers

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I got one contributor which is actually pursuing this goal. That is to extend the app so it can act like an "race engineer" screen. That is gathering data from multiple connected clients and show them to the engineer, with support for things like driver swaps in ACC.
    Still some time away, but is being worked on ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It's taken from rf2 shared memory,
    rF2VehicleTelemetry.mFrontTireCompoundName
    or
    rF2VehicleTelemetry.mRearTireCompoundName

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

is it possible to create several pages (layouts) at Second Monitor and switch between them while driving? For example on one side a Timing Grid and on a second overview only the trackmap? And then switch via a button?

Thanks

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Currently not, it is single page/single window