@Sector3: So what is coming next? How's the plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ernie, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm ....... by creating this thread i was hoping at least for a small response by the developers. :cry:

But it's always fascinating, how quickly so many threads become a wishlist thread.o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    We share what we can, when we can.
    Once we have anything to announce, I'm sure @Georg Ortner will let all of you know!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I have to look at it from the positive side: S3 responded:eek:! I just wonder if S3 has a future timeline going from point X (today) to say next year. A compass which directs them to a certain goal. I mean, apparently Georg Ortner has nothing important to tell us.
    That feels strange. I think S3 either has no timeline and just look day by day what they shall do, which implies that the team is too small and or money is an issue, or they are completely restricted in telling the community about their plans.
    Anyways, S3 is certainly good in testing the community's patience:rolleyes:.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  5. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Internally? Of course they do. And it likely changes on a daily basis in terms of when things will or won't be ready, if some things will or won't be in the game, and what things are the most pressing priorities. That's one of the largest time investments that a producer ends up having in their schedule is all the re-scheduling, changing estimates, and addressing best possible alternatives should they become necessary. :p Even in very small (5 people or less) teams you still need timelines and time frames in which to understand when different pieces go together, which things need to be done before others, and which pieces are the most important and which could/might be cut. Assuming that a lack of constant communication from S3S means they don't have a timeline is a massive slap in the face to their producer and is akin to saying he does nothing at the company.

Externally I've discussed the potential pros and cons quite a few times in a few threads, but mostly it boils down to a lot of work for one or multiple people in order to maintain unless it is made non-specific enough to not be necessary at which point it mostly wouldn't matter anyway. Ultimately it likely isn't worth the effort in addition to, or replacement of, posting threads about upcoming content, patches, and fixes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Me personally, I don't really get why people feel the need to know what's going to happen in half a year or a year from now. If they told you, what difference would it make? It still wouldn't get here any day sooner than it will, and if they announce the addition of car or track XYZ some people will start showing the hype-train card and eventually get upset.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    We have already spoken about some future plans on various occasions.
    For Example in the RaceDepartment Interview (Part 1 & Part 2),
    or in the interview with InsideSimracing.

You will hear more about upcoming features & content when we have more concrete information to share with you.
    Just be a little bit patient ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Just being the devils advocate. Allmost three and a half years ago I bought R3E open beta as soon they released it. I do agree a lot has happened since then. But the main focus was releasing cars and tracks. So maybe I should refrase my question: what is S3's global focus? Is the focus still on cars and tracks or are they going to work on in game features like a Flagg system with safety car, weather, etc.
    Why I would like to know? Well for future investments in the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, with the start of the open beta it was only hotlapping possible in R3E... So I wouldn't say that it was a focus on cars and tracks - but yes, it was a big part of it. Especially tracks, as there weren't much available in the beginning.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    If I was a dev, I'd live in fear of patch days.:eek:

You know why?

[​IMG]

Efforts for improvement will be ignored, wishes are not realized fast enough, release of new content will be critisized, lack of release of new content will be critsized either, there is no plan, etc., etc..

But maybe next time, when their's a new patch announced.:confused:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I accept and respect your opinion, but I must disagree.
    If you've got nothing else to do, take the time and go on a little journey through the development of RR by reading the patchnotes https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/

I mean it's great that people who've been here from the start, like yourself, have forgotten about many of the issues that were plaguing RR in the first two years, cause that means those issues are gone. But they have made an enormous amount of progress aside adding content.
    Remember the green orb of death?
    [​IMG]
    Remember when there was no multiplayer mode or AI to race against or the shadows were so poorly optimized they were twitching all over the place and many people couldn't even use them?
    Remember when every second comment was about the floaty feeling of cars or when there were no pitstops or when we couldn't save setups?
    All of this was *only* 2 years ago...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I was doing some leaderboard laps with Gumpert and Koenigsegg GTR-X and Ford GT GT1 on Nords 24 h today. I tell you, it felt at Aremberg like 24 h-race this year.:)
    And there is no improvement?
    Drive some cars with old physics and you will see.

13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    hmmm....I was just thinking more like "because you are hoping God you didn't introduce some bug that will have the issues forum blowing up like a Christmas tree"

At least that's how it is at my job:D

14. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Ah, this again. The people who work on cars & tracks and the people who work on features & bug fixes are not one and the same. Working on new content does not affect the programmers unless that new content also requires new features to be added.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i love it how i go from one thread with people saying "i dont want this give me more cars" to another where the complaint is "no more cars give me game features".

shows they have a pretty good balance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Yes, though I think you can only set mandatory AI pit-stopping in ADAC GT Masters 2014, and DTM 2014/2015 currently? Or has this changed? Can you set mandatory pit stopping when racing against the AI if not playing an Experience e.g. ADAC GT Masters 2015 or in a GT3 race?

17. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Yes.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    A solid diplomatic answer;)

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    But its nearly senseless.

Can you please tell me, why for the ADAC 15 is no Expirience?
    It can not be a big deal to implement it (its already there for 14).

I like real racing with real names, so gt3 races in R3E are nothing for me with all the fantasy names. I loved the expirience races. Great imersion it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Why is it senseless?

The answer from Hannes was related to mandatory pitstops. You are talking about a totally different topic?!

You can drive with the real names if you setup your race with ADAC15-Class and as far as I know you can select a GT-Masters ruleset...