@Sector3: So what is coming next? How's the plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ernie, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree, was one of the things that made me interested in Racerooom - but see this post - might be some good news coming...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think was possible yet, only in the Experiences...

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    How?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    There's a will to unify the game and let the experiences go, in favor of race rules / regulations presets that you can select when setting up your race / championship.

Experiences bring a themed visual, alright, but also divide the content behind walls. Take multiplayer lobbies and competitions for example. It's easy to get lost thinking there's noone playing the game if all you look at is a lobby page within an experience.

They also bring unecessary complexity to the entire infrastructure, making requests to servers that we could easily do without.

The good reasons for having experiences in the first place have pretty much vanished in favor of achieving the goals of a product where things just... make more sense as a whole.

• Like x 10
    • Agree x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  5. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    my 2 cent
    at the very beginning i bougt some tracks and only came back every once and a while after an update of RR to check if i like the sim now or not. Then went back to AC and RF2.
    but suddenly RR was at a level of development that caught my attention again and now i really like it very much .
    features i would like to see : "real road"
    a little bit like an rf2 ,
    multiclass races
    weather changes but only clouds / light / sun change
    over all i am happy with the content
    plenty tracks , plenty cars :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, that's some good news at least and mollifies me somewhat - so are you saying that as long as I owned, for example, the ADAC GT Masters 2015 cars and all the tracks that were raced on that year, once the new features are in place I would then be able to replicate the race rules and regulations that are enforced for the ADAC Experiences and effectively create my own ADAC GT Masters 2015 Experience (except for the themed UI)? Presumably I could then also do something similar for the WTCC cars, which have never had their own "Experience" (and which would make it more likely I would purchase the WTCC 2015 pack)?

If so, this would make me very happy, just hope this functionality is implemented soon, as currently there is no way to run a proper ADAC GT Masters 2015 championship with all the correct rules and regulations.

Presumably the race rules/regulations presets will cover at least the existing Raceroom-supported series - ADAC, DTM, WTCC etc., will there be presets for other series (e.g. Blancpain GT Series), or at least a way to create your own custom presets that could mimic those? If so, that would make me even more happy! :)

Will the existing Experiences continue to be supported, though?

Thanks for the explanations and information, all very much appreciated

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    No driver change.

8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully this is one of the things that you'll be able to select as an option in the future

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely necessary.

And i gues mandatory pit stops take about 1 Second right now.

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Is that meant to include a tyre change?

11. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    "To let the experiences go"....my thought two years ago:rolleyes:.
    Dear peeps, I'm not saying R3E is a bad game as I like it a lot. I have my thoughts about the development of R3E.

12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'm not totally against seeing them go if it's going to be possible soon make use of the benefits of them (i.e. enforced rules/regulations/AI mandatory pitting/driver changes etc.) in the regular game, which is what seems to be what @J-F Chardon is suggesting.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    This would be great. Lighting, temperature, and even visibility changes (e.g. mist) would provide visual and tactical variety, without being a nightmare (or a performance hog). I think it's a fair compromise.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Mandatory stop times depend on the rule set you are running in. If you run in the ADAC rules/experience the mandatory stop includes a huge amount of time no matter how fast or slow your stop is and requires you to select 'driver change' in order to be valid. The R3E ruleset, however, does not have that extra time added nor has the driver change requirement.

15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So this is what we need, as an option...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I actually meant that i found those experiences a very bad idea in the first place when they were released. Im suprised that it took so long for S3 to realize.

17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Did you already apply for CEO?;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    That we're reacting now doesn't mean we haven't wanted to for a while.
    As I am sure most can understand, there are always circumstances to take into account during development that affect how and when things happen.

• Like Like x 4
  19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    ^^
    aka "We had licence commitments with dtm and adac that meant we had to release them as experiences"?

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I hope they add the rules and options into the main game and just not pull them out altogether as that would seem a bit silly to have less game setup options and not more.