News Sector3 Studios Dev Stream - May 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 25, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can't help but feel that, WE, as a community kind of, sort of, rushed the guys at Sector3 into releasing this update lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Where did all these people on the forum come from? Did someone put a 'free beer' sign out?

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Just tryied a race at nurburgring with the wtcc 2013...the game started very shortly but just when starting the race a sudden maximum lag input occurred and from 18 players we remained in 7 at first turn...is this normal?apart from that...i can easily say that now raceroom is the sim it deserved to be...and anyway it felt like the perfect successor to the glorious race 07...good work sector... :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You've done a awesome work with this patch cos we can wait another day if that's what is needed..
    Be proud you ar doing great! Good luck ;)
    ( Blame it on Murphy :p )

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    well done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Boy you know there is a lot of love for a company when the customers willingly take the blame for a manufacturer selling them a dodgy product. ;)

But in some ways I agree. I would hate to see Sector 3 pull their heads in and not tell or give us anything until it's polished to within an inch of it's life.

Still. There are some real "clangers" in this patch which is a bit concerning, but then I guess WE ARE THE BETA TESTERS it says so on the front door.

So can't really jump up and down too much. It's great to be a part of the development process.

8. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    A new da, a new luck!!!

in this sense... Good morning, coffee time!!! ;)

and to coffe, good music for sector3 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Classic.

10. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i m Huguess, living in France, and i m a member of the Team GTR3.fr
    This night, me and 3 friends, we ve be able to enter in the game. it was about midnight, and we continued to play until we go to bed at 2 o clock of the morning.
    The physique changed, it was very very nice before the patch, and now it even much more better ! Incredible !
    thanks Sector3 !

This morning the 500 error is come back, but it dosen't matter, when you are an assome driver, Nature has endowed you with a lot of patience...
    :)

• Like Like x 7
  11. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I've tried the game for about 30 mins yesterday and a little bit now (before going to work :p), and I must say, this patch is awesome!

The drive train elasticity is really good, I feel that it really connects the car to the road.
    But the sounds, they are top notch! Even in the prototypes, where in the old versions I could hear like overlapping samples, now it is no more, it is simply perfect :D
    The load times are also great, yesterday I could try several cars on the same track and loading was really fast.

BTW, no 50x errors for me...

Thank you for the great update!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I can driveeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :)
    I drive with a Logitech DFGT Wheel and wat I say - It`s fantastic feeling ONLY with this wheel. What`s feeling with a other wheel, fanatec etc.???:flushed:

The sound it`s great, but on DTM the sound Cockpit softly then complete see the car perspective. This was for patch also. :(
    The feeling DTM is also better to handling the cars, fantastic works guys from sweden, thx so much.

I think, when R3E works in future fantastic good job, is this SIM my favorite. ;)

Now coming soon the NOS - this is a dream.:cool:

Thank you for this patch, for your very good support here. Very nice!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm impatient to try the new things, but no problem, I can wait that it works good ;)!

I hope that you can sleep more this night :D!

14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I "somehow" (trial & error) managed to enter the game later last nite - until two m8s asked me how :) (thought all was fixed) I quit and restarted and had error 500 again BUT just to confirm other first impressions : Great ! the transmission model alone was worth the wait, better loading times, some shadow optimization and I had to reconfigure my wheel settings a bit cause now all feels correct (1:1) in tems of car response (compared to how it was before)....so far...thx a bunch S3 ;)

Edit: Namely the Logitech software is not interfering /doesn`t start when launching the game anymore AND MOST IMPORTANT : No double shifts thx to a new feature to adjust shifting sequences im ms to avoid "false" input...(set it 0.15ms)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Any update from the Devs when all the errors will be fixed, want to try all these new features, but still can't get in game since patch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  16. Sándor Kovács

Sándor Kovács New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi. I have another problem, i can start the game. Single player works fine, but if i try to play multiplayer, after a short loading screen its drop me back to server list with, Content Server Error 20103. Yesterday it worked fine, but now can`t play. Please help.

17. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I can logon an try any car from the webpage then the game work just fine, but I cant get to the menu when testdrive is over?
    If I start from steam I just get that milky white animated background but no menu, and on steam I have not bought the DLC, but I have bought every packs there is in the game and then some more?????
    Do we realy NEED steam for this game ??

18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Any plans for a new Dev stream when the vacations are over?

• Like Like x 1
  19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We'll probably have one "usual" format in september, but we're also thinking of some more casual dev sessions that would be streamed before that. Those would provide some insight on the current physics development going on behind the curtains.

• Like Like x 23
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    This sounds yummy...

• Agree Agree x 1