News Sector3 Studios Dev Stream - May 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 25, 2015.

1. OPK-Desperado

OPK-Desperado New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    • Server:
      • Dedi-Server for Linux (without wine)?
      • Multiclass?
      • Can I enable or disable certain driving aids or have we only these three categories amateur, novice and getreal?
      • Fill free Slots with AI
    • Please, open wheeler! :hearteyes:
    • Stop this abrupt end of the sessions, I want drive a "victory-lap". And a qualify does not end at 00:00, if I cross the line at 00:01 the next lap still counts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WSGT2

WSGT2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Any news on triple screen support ( Render screens separately) and SLI Support?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    A little break in between to share my (dumb) thoughts.
    I think that looking at recent events, an edge has been given to S3S. Quite a bit players are pissed off by MP side either on AC and PC and in regards of their AI behavior. S3S has an advantage to make a big jump in terms of increasing their users. They haven't yet deployed their heavy bombs, namely Nordschleife and Spa and to me those are gonna do something for sure IF they're coupled with a well timed strategy. I hope they'll place the release date of these tracks at the right time, meaning that we'll have working dedis, working rules, improved ffb and all those important things missing atm so users and newcomers can enjoy those legendary tracks the way it should and then be glued to this Sim, that again, it deserves, it deserves to be played much more than the way it is now

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Some users mentioned that the NfS-Carbon SLI Bit--> 0x00402406 doubles their fps. I have no SLI but you should give it a try.

5. WSGT2

WSGT2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I will give it a go

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Q: Any plan on re-branding(come out of Beta?)
    Q: When is Nordschleife coming out !? I cannot wait ..

Suggestion : Have a Starter Pack like most F2P games out there, designed to give a good basis for new user to build on.
    You could charge the same amount as competing title or undercut them by charging about 40$ U.S,
    Starter pack example: single car from each series, A free skin of their choice and give them about 90% of all the tracks to race on, that way all new users that have the said pack could then join almost all of the multiplayer servers, that would totally boost the online population.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    1) When can we expect multi-GPU support?
    I would be able to play this game in maximum settings if it only had multi-gpu support.

2) When can we expect complete multi-monitor support?

3) What changes are there to AI?
    More collision avoidance by AI

4) What statistics do you monitor from the player base? And do those statistics influence what projects move forward?

5) Are there any plans for voice recognition with pit stop interface?
    Basically, allow me to select when to pit, select tires, repair, fuel options by voice instead of mapping keys or buttons to wheel. I wear gloves which makes it difficult to type on the keyboard and don't have enough buttons on the wheel for complete pitstop commands.

6) Is it possible to add an AI race engineer that communicates with you during the race?
    based on your pace, competitor's pace, traffic, tire wear, they calculate when to pit, theoretically what place you would return from your pitstop, whether to delay or pit early due to traffic (or tire wear) concerns....

7) Get rid of cut track penalties if no advantage is gained from going off course!
    When I am rammed off the track by an AI driver and extricate myself from the gravel only to find I have been given a cut track penalty, that is a bit harsh.

8) Modify Laptime information
    In my FOV setting, the pop up onscreen notices impede vision of the track or my in-car HUD, sometimes at inopportune times.
    Allow timer to be shown in replays
    Allow sector times/overall time to be displayed for the entire lap rather than only at or near the completion of the lap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OPK-Desperado

OPK-Desperado New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    lets be a bit more fair and only include non recent releases. project cars just came out which is a bit of a unfair comparison and if you look in the 1 month scale you can see its rapidly declining.
    here is a better comparison
    http://steamcharts.com/cmp/211500,8600,273840,244210#7d
    in fact if you compare raceroom, asseto corca and project cars race room has not yet had that big spike you can see recently in ac and pc

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    what is your opinion of the idea of fixed setup servers? will they help new players get into "get real" how would you implement this idea if you could? for example a single tick box, multiple levels such as basics only and advanced for even more options, individual section toggle such as suspention and arb. would you force to the default or allow the server owner to decide?

11. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Figures have always been low... PCars has made little to no difference, apart from how can S3 sustain development with what is probably a low revenue, I'm more concerned about that. Will we lose Raceroom if the player base doesn't increase.

I'm sure it's supported in other ways, but the most I've ever seen online is about 40. That surely isn't sustainable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    tbh if we compare raceroom to stockcar extreme (which released free dlc semi recently) racerooms min is stock cars max ( and stockcar is a great game ) even taking into account stockcars non steam playerbase.

don't get me wrong i wont sector 3 to succeed but i think we are being just a bit too negative considering r3e has yet to release and if it weren't for early access they would have to make this game on there previous funds.

13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    We all want the same thing man, I want it to blow the others away. I think it can.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Rebranding was an interesting question. iRacing is a good name, just a horrible and expensive game. AC and PC are a bit whatever, but so is Raceroom - the only thing that made me try it was the SIMBIN name and I'm old.

Make sure you get the word EXTREME in...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    SUPER MEGA EXTREME RACING EVOLVED.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robes

Robes New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just out of interest, will the steam be available to watch later on after the event has finished?

17. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I believe they said it would be posted to their youtube channel sometime after the conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Usually is yes.

19. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    You can watch past broadcasts on the twitch channel right afterwards. Or just wait 1-2 days and i'm quite sure you'll find the stream also on YT.

Edit: Ninja'd ........ 2 times :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Final bits are being setup!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1