Question Settings warm-up

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NL-Jos, Jul 14, 2018.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Any suggestions?
    Note: we have 2 races of 30 minutes with the second race the first 10 places reverse
    And some people need a little break between the races

2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    It's Oh So Quiet

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen, still no suggestions for us?
    I like it more to think in solutions instead of problems :p

4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    I’ve already given you my advice, don’t use the warm-up sessions if that is what is disconnecting people. There’s still a decent pause between the races anyway, plenty of time to rush to the toilet if it is really needed. And if that is not where disconnections happen, try to figure out and fix whatever it is, most likely someone’s own antivirus or internet is just causing it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    There’s much more than a minute, unless you are the last one to finish you have until everyone is finished, then there is time to look at the results of race 1 and only then the 1 minute timer starts.

And what do you expect me to say? Just turn the anti-disconnection option on and it’ll never happen again? If it is someone’s own connection causing trouble, and it usually is, it is not mine or anyone else’s responsibility to fix that. The fact is that you can’t join during warm up sessions in the game now, the only solution until that is implemented is to try to minimize disconnections yourself.

6. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I run my server with a max off ping 350 instead off 500

7. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Still nothing news about joining in the warmup session?

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think it's fairly obvious from his previous replies that it's not possible as things stand. Regarding time between sessions it should be reasonably simple to extend the time from 1 minutes to say 3 which would allow for toilet breaks etc

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Not really in favour of changing the timer before race start. The whole point of a definable warmup was so that we could manage the time and have a set period. Changing the built-in delay removes that management, meaning the delay before race start could be anything between 10 seconds and 3 minutes, depending on what other people are doing. Don't know about you, but I really don't want to be sitting idle on the grid for 3 minutes because Job Bloggs is smoking a cig.

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I think you don't get the point of my question
    We do oft races with reversed grid,
    Unfortunately it sometimes happens that someone is thrown out of the server or that someone is just a bit too late for the first race.
    Now you can not enter the server during the warmup session.
    And that is, in my opinion, a pity and should be solved anyway.
    From a technical point of view, it does not seem impossible to me either, since you can now even determine whether people can enter the server during qualification.

11. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Allow join in warm up with drivers starting in pits imo best option

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Or in back of the grid in the next race
    Even with DNF and DSQ

13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I understand your point and agree that it would be useful. The thing is what may sound like a simple thing could need a whole re-write of code regarding how the race server works. If this were a simple case of allowing something by changing a 0 to 1 then it would probably have been done or they would have said it is possible.

14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it would be that challenging to code, personally. Whenever someone joins the server it already sticks them at the bottom of the time list. If someone doesn't set a qualy time, it already puts them at the back of the grid. Combine the two and you have the procedure for joining in the warm-up session.

It's more likely that this "issue" just isn't a priority right now, like various other requested features.