Question Setup Menu, save setups

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Maarten, May 12, 2021.

1. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Since the new UI (which is pretty good), the way we save setups is changed. We must now set a filename and a separate description. I tried to adapt to this new way, but I still can't see the benefit of that.

setup-ui.png

Normally when making a setup, I don't want to overwrite the current setup so you can easily revert to the previous version. If I want to do it like that, I need to change the name in both the filename and description for it to not overwrite. You can opt to not change the Description, but that's not very handy because this description is used to show what setup you're on.

Is this going to be addressed in future updates, or am I the only one having a problem with this?

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I guess the reason is that the filename is literally the name of the file on your hard drive. With a separate description field, you can enter a lot more information than what a filename would allow.

3. Maarten

Maarten Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    yes I understand, but that doesn't make it less cumbersome. You would expect the priority to be with in game experience over messing with files outside the game. (I'm glad copying setup files is an option, don't get me wrong)

• Agree Agree x 1