Question Setups in Amateur mode

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tibmonty, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    My R3E career mode is Get Real. When entering Amateur mode league races, my setup that I load in garage does not seem to take effect. Built and saved the setup in GR mode. In Amateur races the loaded setup shows on setup screen, greyed out just as the default setup is greyed out, but when driving i can feel that my setup is not in effect. Easy to tell on the straights because the gearbox final drive setting is as per default and runs out of gears in long straights. When my setups final drive setting is in force, this does not happen.
    Other drivers tell me that their setups are in effect.
    Any advice for a noob??

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In amateur mode the game will always load the cars default setup as soon as you click the start/race button, no matter if you load a custom setup or not. You are right, it was possible to load custom setups and see the setup values change, but that was superficial.
    In fact the option to load/save a setup in amateur mode will be disabled (greyed out completely) to prevent misunderstandings.

3. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian. So just to be clear, in the amateur model league race i took part in last night ( RRLeagues Hillclimb Icons in Portimao ), are you saying we all drove the race in default setup? Despite all the seasoned drivers talking of having good setups? Emperors new clothes?? Heh heh I thought it was just me . . .

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that should be the case. Technically all drivers using the same car should have been using the exact same default setup, cause that's what the system will load in the background, regardless of what the values in the setup screen say.

Did all drivers use the same car or were both cars from the Hillclimb Classics class used?

5. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Both cars from Hillclimb Icons class were used - Judd V8 BMW and Carlsson Mercedes. I am new to this and was excited pre race at the prospect of driver skill being tested on a level playing field. Turned out that's what happened and the result fairly illustrates this. Great game. Great league. Great people. And most of all, when I come here, great support and advice. Thank you Christian for your patience and guidance. I look forward to the patch that fixes this and prevents confusion in future.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's the idea behind amateur mode.
    Thanks for your report.
    It looks like some detail might not have been working the way it should have after all.
    It will be investigated and fixed asap.

Best regards

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. Tibmonty

Tibmonty New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Driving in Amateur mode is sometimes nice because everyone have the same car.
    What i mis in Amateur mode is that things you set in the dedicated server doesn't work, even if you set it on.
    For example:
    Tire Wear,
    Mechanical Damage,
    Fuel Usage,

Even when you entered the pitlane, the automatic pilot takes control. :(

I didn't test if the reverse grid works on Amateur mode

If this all can't work, maybe is it an idea to put the possibility in GetReal mode to turn the setup ON or OFF

9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Last friday we had some fun races in Amateur mode.
    After the race we did some after talk and one conclusion we made is that maybe one idea could be a class like something as SEMI GET REAL.
    The same as GET REAL but with the possibility to turn your set-up ON or OFF
    Maybe something for in the futre