Sh.tshow of a Year :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Not Lifting Off, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    All good and healthy till this year
    2021- I hate it already.
    1. 512gb m.2 decided to die on me, hynix crap, working perfect then just died.
    2. 1tb SSHD decides to fall out of the case while im not looking, clunk clunk click...........Bastard, if only it was wearing a seatbelt! Blame 1 for 2 and no room for hd cradle with water pump in the way!
    3. This one is the absolute best, all my own fault cause i didnt have the patience to take it out of the case or even turn the fucking power off.
    MSI 2080ti gaming trio fking x, i have had this water cooled for a fair while now and decided yesterday I didnt like not having gpu control over the fans so i wired a plug up put it in place.
    Didnt work, wtf, i`ll have a brain fart right here and pull this pin i think i remember reading bla de fucking bla bla, so i pulled one of the pins from the end plug and in doing so shorted pins two and three together, quick sharp spark, display turns off and one dead gpu :(
    Mother Flerken
    Well after a little multimeter fun and buzzing out the fuses i know one has blown, but that is about the limit of my electrical component fault finding knowledge, but im learning real fast ;)

So, heres to you,
    Happy Fucking New Year

Im so pissed off right now ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    You gotta laugh else you'll go crazy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Re SSDs dying:

I know Windows is supposed to disable disk defragmentation on it's own but there's more than enough reports about it doing it anyway to justify disabling it manually and giving it a quick look after bigger updates cause it likes to turn itself back on after those.

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    What a pair of cant`s, how can you laugh at a time like this?
    LOL, it is pathetically funny, but it really isnt for me :)
    The gpu maybe recoverable, heres hoping, ordering a rework station, fuses and fan contoller sometime today.
    NO!!!!! ;)
    Naah this was just a shitty hynix sc311 drive, lots of reports and complaints about the same thing happening to others, you get what you pay for.

5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Fuse, fixed, and all is good in my world ;)
    Not really but you know, its fixed.

Hardest part was waiting for the fuse, 10 minute job to change with some hot air and leaded solder, job done - one almost happy camper!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well at least the fuse did its job and saved the card. Good work on the fix

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yep, i had read a few different stories from fuse only to totally screwed gpu so was relieved when it booted, BFG from ear to ear. Not afraid to have a go if the information is available, which with the modern internet you can find all the information you need to do virtually anything.