Released Shanghai Circuit

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Apr 10, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    You're right. I forgot about Munnich.

2. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    First, thanks Sector3 for this amazing track!
    But, I noticed a heavy fps problem on this track. Always we you drive around the pit area I got huge drops, even with reduced shadows, reflections and so on. I'm a bit surprised about it because all other tracks running stable on 60 fps. Shanghai already got big problems when you drive alone there. Anybody with the same problems?
    Btw. use an AMD R9 280x with newest drivers.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    FIA.... licensing agreement, small team, the list goes on....no big deal being a year and a bit behind, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Its probabldy caused by the heavy 3D objects like the paddock,the big main grandstand with the roof and the briges plus the two towers so its quite demanding on gfx.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I know it's totally unrealistic running DTM cars in china,, but running DTM 2013 cars around this track and hitting the DRS when you hit 6th gear on the long straight makes you feel like you're piloting a rocketship. The whole field got whiplash watching me drive by.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    The track is really good, actually you can really feel how big those towers are, excellent job. My only problem is fps, around the towers it is like 25-30 rest of the track is around 45... on other tracks it is always over 60 even with full grid.
    Anyone lese have the same xperience? (im runing it on ATI 7950)

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Drei, I think we're all having framerate issues. Around the towers I'm screenshot city and have turned everything way down.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    So just had my first ever lap on this track.. Loving it! :hearteyes::hearteyes: More turns than i thought :grin: Now back to the track..

- Just to inform on FPS.. highest bout 125 and lowest about 90.. Hope it gets good ironed a bit for those suffering drops..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    No fps drops too, i know i have a good system, but everything maxed out at 1080p my framerate is between 55 and 75 fps without any drops below that.

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I will say that this track is a completely different monster in a car with fenders. I didn't like this track in F1 2014 and dreaded racing it, but in R3E, much more fun. Lots of little contact and being that these cars are far more competitive with one another than F1, lots of close racing. I'm getting much better at the oh crap curve too after a few races. I haven't spun an AI out in three races!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Not completely unrealistic. A DTM race was held on the Shanghai street circuit many years ago and the organisation has been trying to get a Chinese round on the calendar over the past couple of years.

12. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Great track, thx so much sector 3.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Another magnificent effort. Looks great, feels great, performs well on my system.

Shanghai may have its critics like many 'Tilkedromes' - it's not the most interesting track in the world - but I'm having fun racing here. It's good to have one of the modern breed of F1 tracks in R3E. The width of this track allows for different lines through corners and makes defending difficult. Should be fun online.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm hoping and praying that tomorrow is WTCCedneday (or WTCC Wednesday). I've had a blast all day running all my cars around Shanghai (Group 5, DTM 13, DTM 92, Radicals, all the free ones, Daytona Protos, GT2, GT3, GT1, etc). I think the only set that didn't make an appearance at Shanghai was the DTM14 cars and that's cause their parents won't let em go there.

Let's make this happen S3S!!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    For those who don't have a problem lol :p

16. Black75

Black75 Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Great add! Very enjoyable driving here, great circuit & great production! This night (few hours ago, i'm from Ita) i had a lot of fun testing the Tom Coronel's Roal BMW320TC (waitin' for the WTCC14 pack! release! release! :hearteyes:) in the full track lenght!
    :smileycat::smileycat::smileycat:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else having the tire stacks not in the game? WTCC 14 only? I tested with WTCC 13.

Greetings!

[​IMG]

18. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's series depending?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bodaz0815

Bodaz0815 Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we'll see later this day/week :)

20. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    I think they were removed to avoid trouble with the AI.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1