Shared Memory API

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Mikael Hermansson, Jun 7, 2015.

1. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to get wheel angle?

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    don't think so

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    @Viktor Öfjäll
    Would it be possible to add the following to the API?
    - Current steering wheel angle,
    - Wheel range,
    - Steering lock.

I'm building a Wheeler-like application, but instead of showing direct pedals input it shows values from R3E, taking into account pedal settings like sensitivity or dead zones. And I'd like to display a rotating wheel too. :)

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Please extend r3e_driver_data
    - orientation
    - pedal status, at least if break is active or not

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  5. sgtcarneiro

sgtcarneiro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK we have the following deltas:

TimeDeltaFront
    TimeDeltaBehind
    LapTimeDeltaLeader
    LapTimeDeltaLeaderClass

Is it possible to add the current delta time for the driver's best lap? (e.g. LapTimeDeltaBestSelf)

6. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Viktor,

So I did a little test and SessionPhases 0 and 7 are never sent at all . I went through all the in-game session events, ended session, quit etc..but they never came through the API. Also Garage=1 is never sent.

The other session phases all come through. I really need to detect an accurate way when the session has completely ended and this would help me a lot if you maybe get sometime to check it out one day.

Thank mate :)

7. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I second that! Would be really Handy for custom Dashboards!
    It is possible to calculate it yourself but it seems, at least from most ingame Car dashs, the data is already there.
    Would love to just read it from the API instead of reinventing the wheel here :)

8. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I've got a problem (that others have also had on the SimX forums) and I've posted about this in another thread in the community support forum. It pertains to R3E telemetry so I thought you may have some insight. The problem exists in most/all cars though its very prominent in the GT3 cars, eg 911 GT3 R. Whenever I upshift/downshift, I get 5-6 oscillations/wobble for a few seconds on my rig - I get it through my SimX motion rig and a DIY Gseat that uses Simtools so I suspect this is telemetry generated, related to surge data. Any ideas if this is a R3E telemetry bug or fixable via settings?? Sorry to temporarily hijack this thread. Thanks for any advice!

9. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Could be the drivetrain elasticity? But it shouldnt wobble for a few seconds.
    I have a SimXperience rig at home, and have never experienced such long oscillations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Possible but can that be dialed out from telemetry? A few seconds may perhaps be a bit exaggerated but it definitely wobbles 5-6 times forward and backwards. It feels quite unnatural and is very distracting. :(

11. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    In the SimXperience commander i was able to reduce the effect by decreasing the acceleration setting (also adding a smoothing filter on acceleration).

I don't know what software you are using but there might be a similar option.

12. Sberns

Sberns New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Georg, that’s true - I’ve done that to an extent, but then that impacts the rest of the driving experience. Perhaps this is a drivetrain elasticity issue as others have suggested? I have no idea if anything is possible from a telemetry side like reducing the ?oscillation amplitude (or lower derivative?) of the surge after upshifts? Hoping something can be done. I know this will only affect a small number of people (those with motion rigs). Thanks for your suggestion.

13. Disco1909

Disco1909 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, hi developer,

i develop actually an new Overlay for Raceroom Spectator-Mode.
    I want to show the drsLeft integer, but it is always 0, see attachement.

Can anybody help me? More infos, if you ask for any details :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I believe that's because you're on a spectator client, and drsLeft is probably not passed.

Maybe this is something we can look into, do you have other wishes while we're at it?

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    when you are at DRS, maybe Tire-Compound could be an interessting-Value, too...

16. Disco1909

Disco1909 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    give me a couple of days please. i will take a look what for data i need.

17. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello there!

I'm currently developing a dashboard app, which supports R3E. I'd like to say, that R3E shared memory API is very well designed, contains a lot of data, easy to work with. Yet, in my opinion, adding a few things, would make it really outstanding.

Here are some of them:

- synchronization. Very important! Without it there's no guarantie, that data isn't rewritten by next frame while it's being processed. For example, iRacing uses Windows event to signal data is ready. VERY easy to synchronize!
    - ControlType field for opponent cars, Ghost item for Control enum. (speed data for ghost car would be great)
    - flags, signaling that ABS, TC are active.
    - ride heights, suspension movement and velocity
    - some user's car setup data (all of it, ideally): gear ratios, damping ratios
    - field, showing that session data was updated (update number, for example): new drivers appeared, etc.

Thanks!

18. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

One of the next patches will include a major update to the shared memory, bringing a lot more information.
    This unfortunately had to come at a price: we'll be breaking backward compatibility.

In order to ensure a smooth update with minimum downtime for all your apps, if you are an app developer and would like to get early access to beta builds, please get in touch with @Kitsune Magyar in order to become a betatester.

We're going to share a little preview of what's being added, so if you think of more that we should add, give us a shout.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. J-F Chardon

Ratings: