Shared Memory API

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Mikael Hermansson, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Disco1909

Disco1909 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi there, hi developer,

i develop actually an new Overlay for Raceroom Spectator-Mode.
    I want to show the drsLeft integer, but it is always 0, see attachement.

Can anybody help me? More infos, if you ask for any details :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon Sector3 Producer Developer

Ratings:
    +4,325 / 0
    I believe that's because you're on a spectator client, and drsLeft is probably not passed.

Maybe this is something we can look into, do you have other wishes while we're at it?

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0
    when you are at DRS, maybe Tire-Compound could be an interessting-Value, too...

4. Disco1909

Disco1909 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    give me a couple of days please. i will take a look what for data i need.

5. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there!

I'm currently developing a dashboard app, which supports R3E. I'd like to say, that R3E shared memory API is very well designed, contains a lot of data, easy to work with. Yet, in my opinion, adding a few things, would make it really outstanding.

Here are some of them:

- synchronization. Very important! Without it there's no guarantie, that data isn't rewritten by next frame while it's being processed. For example, iRacing uses Windows event to signal data is ready. VERY easy to synchronize!
    - ControlType field for opponent cars, Ghost item for Control enum. (speed data for ghost car would be great)
    - flags, signaling that ABS, TC are active.
    - ride heights, suspension movement and velocity
    - some user's car setup data (all of it, ideally): gear ratios, damping ratios
    - field, showing that session data was updated (update number, for example): new drivers appeared, etc.

Thanks!

6. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +4,325 / 0
    Hello everyone,

One of the next patches will include a major update to the shared memory, bringing a lot more information.
    This unfortunately had to come at a price: we'll be breaking backward compatibility.

In order to ensure a smooth update with minimum downtime for all your apps, if you are an app developer and would like to get early access to beta builds, please get in touch with @Kitsune Magyar in order to become a betatester.

We're going to share a little preview of what's being added, so if you think of more that we should add, give us a shout.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. canF1

canF1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +4,325 / 0
  9. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,287 / 0
    Can't update the translator because the memory mapped filename hasn't changed

11. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
  12. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,287 / 0
    To clarify, the previous update changed the shared memory file name which meant I could copy data out of the new shared memory file into one I created with the same name as the old version.

The latest update doesn't allow me to do this because the name hasn't changed

13. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks @mr_belowski
    So,there is no solution with R3E Memory translator for my motion simulator if i have right understood.

14. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    @J-F Chardon
    Bonjour Jean-Francois

You are french and me too, but for all people i try write my post in english language.

Since 2 years ago you had suppress support of motion simulator BlueTiger in R3E.
    Luckily there was the program R3EMemoryTranslator (thanks to Mr_belowski), but now since last update from shared memory , it don't work.
    The American company constructor of motion simulator BlueTiger has closed. I can not have help from them.

But i don't understood why you had suppress the support of BlueTiger, because in PCARS / PCARS2 / ACC / AC / IRACING it work nice.
    I love R3E, i hope you can help me and many users of BlueTiger Simulator.

If you want, i can help you for testing any solution.

If I remember correctly we did some racing with RACE07 or GTR2 together in a league GTR-ONLINE....

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide.

Franck

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,287 / 0
    Aaahhhh, i might have misunderstood here.

The shared memory translator *can* be updated to convert the latest shared memory data into the original shared memory data. It *can't* be updated to convert the latest shared memory into the shared memory from last week (before the recent update).

Leave it with me, i'll update it when I get time - hopefully some time this weekend

16. Franck83

Franck83 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Ahhhhhhhh Yes mr_belowski thank you. I offer a beer barrel for this version.You have time, it's not emergency.
    But if R3E Team dev can be ADD support of motion simulator BlueTiger in R3E is it also a good news.

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,287 / 0
    @Franck83

I'm quite short of time at the moment and it's not quite as simple as I'd hoped. Mapping the tyre and brake temperature information from the latest version to the old version requires some additional coding. Do you need this tyre / brake data? If not, here's a completely untested version that *might* work - I've replaced the older structure with the latest one and made a couple of changes to support it but have no way of testing my work:

https://github.com/mrbelowski/R3EMe...-or-brakes/Builds/R3EMemoryTranslator-2.7.exe

18. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks a lot Jim, i will try this asap and report, really hope it works :)

19. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    So happy to tell every sim racer with motion rig, the app update from Mr B works !!
    Just tryed it now and no prob my motion rig is back to life :)

Thanks a lot Jim :)

20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,287 / 0
    Great, thanks for the update. It should be possible to fix more recently updated devices that no longer work due to the April r3e changes, by copying the data into a new memory mapped file using a different game format and file name. So you'd run the device in pCars mode but the pCars data would actually be populated from the new r3e data

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1