Shared Memory API

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Mikael Hermansson, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Mikael Hermansson

Mikael Hermansson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Depends largely on what sort of telemetry the SimXperience guy(s) need. We will be adding some more data soon, but I don't know if it will help them in any way.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I wonder how we can detect crashes or driving errors robustly, probably rapid increase in local_acceleration or big orientation/velocity mismatches (going sideways) or so... whether the car is driving "offroad" would also be nice to know (per-tire contact "surface" information).
    And any sort of impact events (in case it doesn't cause damage), stored in a way that is not simply boolean flag, so we don't have sampling frequency issues. maybe something like LastCarContactTime, LastWorldContactTime

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    The problem is Simxperience software . Installed Sim Commander 3 instead of 4 ( beta) and now everything works as it should and that by far.

4. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently beta testing a very nice looking piece of dash software for R3E but the developer was wondering if this list of things can be added to the API;
    Accelerator %
    Brake %
    Clutch %
    Steering Angle
    Water Pressure (KPA)
    Session Type (race, practice etc)
    Fuel Pressure
    Tire Wear
    Brake Temps
    Brake Wear
    Suspension Damage
    Aero Damage
    Engine Damage
    Driving Aids (ABS, TC etc)
    Track Name
    Vehicle Name
    Driver Name
    Ambient Temp
    Track Temp
    Sector1 Time
    Sector2 Time
    Sector3 Time
    Competitor Names
    Competitor Positions

He registered here and tried posting it himself but he couldn't post for some reason, which is why I'm posting it for him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mikael Hermansson

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestions. Some of those are already in, some are on their way and the rest will probably take a while before they make it in. Keep an eye on the GitHub reposity or this thread for updates.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Craig

Craig Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Which ones are already in there? unless i am missing something, none of those are in there (except for the DRS flag being part of driver aids i guess).

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I think "already in" means "already in ready for the next release". Only DRS stuff from your list is in the currently released version

8. Mikael Hermansson

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    My apologies. I've been staring at the upcoming additions for a few days now, so I forgot which ones were there previously. You're right, none of those are in right now, but a lot of them will be in the patch which hopefully lands some time next week. But again, the ones that don't make it into the patch will probably be a while before they do (if ever). I'll post an update in advance when we start preparing for the next batch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Craig

Craig Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ok great, thanks for the update.

10. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi Makael,

According to the comments in the code, the temperatures are in Kelvin (K) but it seems that the values coming through are not in Kelvin (K) as seen below in my streaming dashboard.

Can you please let me know what units they are? Thanks!

tires_temp.png

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've assumed they're Celsius but the engine and oil temps seemed too low to me

12. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I assumed that too. I think they could be Fahrenheit . In fact as seen in image I am getting around 50s for oil and water temp....the thing is that I have no idea in real life what these values should be :)

As for the tires, they come across around 27 when idle and as seen in image I was hot lapping there

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    In real life you'd expect oil to be 100-120 Celsius, water 80-95 when up to temperature

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Mikael Hermansson

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    That's what I get for trusting a decade old documentation. :) Thanks for pointing that out. The temperatures are indeed all of them in celsius. As for the seemingly low values I can't really answer that right now, I'll have to look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wozy_of_Salzburg

Wozy_of_Salzburg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello Mikael,

Since the hot period in Austria (some places over 37°C) is getting over, I´ll have more time and passion for coding :) Do you have any further infos about 2D-Layout of the tracks? Is there any chance to get them?

With best regards from sunny Austria

Wolfgang

16. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @Wozy_of_Salzburg here's a quick package you can use. Mind you the naming convention isn't the best, also they have some different styles. But I hope you find those useful.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I've seen in today's patch notes (7/7/15) there is a line about added Shared Memory API fields. May I ask what fields have been added and if the GitHub project is up to date? Thank you.

18. Mikael Hermansson

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    See my reply here.

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Also, check the values of the constant fields before you use them - undocumented example is a bit out for SessionPhase (i've used Formation = 3, Countdown = 4, Green = 5, Checkered = 6). There might be some others that need checking too

20. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic additions! Thanks for your work.
    Shame Track and Car Name/ID currently used didn't make it in.