Shared Memory Telemetry - Small fixes needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Sep 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    To get this simulator as close as possible to perfection Nirvana...

Please stop the telemetry from being sent when game is paused and when automatic replay kicks in when in single or multiplayer races.

Please adjust the timing of the telemetry start to align with manual engine start (rewind it about 1s-1.5sec).

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely not. Telemetry must be transmitted all the time while game is running. It's just the status of the game has to be changed. Otherwise receiver can not distinuish between pause and game crash.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    No need for a rude tone, we're splitting hairs here, you know what I meant and I know what you mean... Keep the telemetry feed on, but pause the motion related stream/signals during replays.

4. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    English is not my native language, so please, don't try to find a tone in my post or read between the lines )) Maybe i was a bit categorical, but since we discuss technical matters here, not personal ones, i don't think that was rudness. I didn't mean to be rude, so i'm sorry you thought so.
    I don't know, whether you are a developer of some telemetry sofware, or a user of such software, but R3E telemetry has two fields that indicate it's a replay and i think it's responsibility of a receiving programm to take into account those fields and ignore motion related data if it's not relevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  5. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    There is no motion related stream there's just one stream. Many apps may want to use telemetry in replay.

You're addressing wrong devs. Ask your motion software devs to disable motion when in replay or not on track.

upload_2021-10-7_12-57-48.png

• Agree Agree x 2