Silhouette Class Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Cook, Oct 30, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say thanks to Sector3 for reinvigorating this class. I must admit, it's a class of cars I spent little time with pre-update. Not being a fan of unlicenced content, the silhouttes were easy to overlook. Besides, they used to feel a little arcadey, and, in my opinion, not what R3E is about.

That's all changed now. I can honestly say I'm having as much fun with the silhouettes as any class in the game. The cars really feel great now. Quick, but not too quick, with nice, predictable handling but still possessing the ability to bite when pushed hard. They look and sound good with an excellent bunch of liveries. I can see myself running many races and championships in these cars.

The silhouette (and prototype) class was due an upgrade. These cars are the first impression of R3E to many new players and I hope they don't disappoint.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried them yet. But the Aquila and Dtm 15 are hard to put down right now.

And i would like to echo James comment.
    Thanks Sector 3 .. really really great work !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    +1 million from me. They're fabtastical, especially on the short to mid length tracks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Agreed!
    Have had a blast in both the Silhouettes and the Aquila after the update!! :kissingheart:
    Hopefully the Prototypes will get the same love soon as well, do to that they also are free.

Have noticed though, that in the MP servers for the Silhouettes, it's only two liveries to choose from from each car?.

5. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I also want to echo what everyone else has said.... this sim was good before, but is on another level since the new update. Ignore the haters. This is the sim to have. The feel, the graphics, and good lord, the *sound* are all there. All we need are flag rules and pit stops and I may never go outside again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I don't go outside much as it is. This will merely seal the deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Just had a first test drive with silhouttes a while ago and I agree, they are really wonderful cars to drive. They are like made for online racing, well balanced (I think) and fun and easy to drive. Somehow they feel like a mix of GT3 and Aquila: Definitely more agile than GT3 but at the same time feel a lot more heavy on turns compared to prototype-like Aquila. Of course the downforce is smaller and such, but still. My first test drive clocked pretty close to GT3 lap time on Spa. Definitely not a good drive (I've drunk a couple of brewskies :D), but it is around there...

8. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I have been racing them at Macau and really loving it. I was not using the track very often till I decided to use the silhouttes, now I'm hooked on the track and the cars! Add the aquila and gtr3 cars and the game is in another stratosphere for me now. While I can understand some being disappointed with a few things in this sim, it has so much to offer users now with the free content

Rich

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Done a couple of 24 car races at Brands Hatch Indy. So much fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I really only raced em when I first got R3E back a few months ago. After this update, I've ran 10 races or so with em and had a blast. Great cars to drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, and as I said in another thread, this was an awesome move in regards to the content available for the f2p players and more players enjoying the initial product = more potential customers.

The class is great now, a lot more fun, with 4 cars that all drive and sound different.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Before the update I drove them rarely,
    Now they're one of my favourites to do some hotlapping with.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I read all the enthusiasm and wonder what bug is on a pandemic trip here. :) :LOL I must admit I still do not like the Silhouettes, they still leave me underwhelmed, they do not compare to the DTM, touring, GT2 and GT3 cars. They do not deliver me a believable illusion of driving a car with so and so much mass, like the others.

DTM, touring, GT2-3, Radicals, Mirages - these are where the sim shines for me. Silhouettes, Aquila, GT1 and especially GTX are where it lets me down.

On a sidenote, I recently had incredibly positive experiences with dogfighting the AI in M3 E30 Gr.A at Mid Ohio. In that touring classics class on that track, it was like birds dancing around each other. Wonderful. And no collisions despite all the position changing. If I would have seen it on youtube, I would have sworn that it was all multiplayer with some very respectful and competent gents driving, that good it all fit together. This was what we are about when we launch a race simulator. :)

14. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's just you, I think. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, same "problem" here.
    Is there any reason that we don't get all cars online?

Anyway, these cars are really great fun. They feel very nice now and the new liveries are just awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    props to @Anthony Monteil for the sounds in this class. looks like cause its not a real car you could let rip with what ever you wanted. sounds very good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    If the Silhouettes were the most vibrant, exciting and bestest cars in the Sim there would be little incentive for people to buy more. What they do achieve now are imminently drivable base content cars that hopefully help to get people hooked on the sim. Yep, I will drive GT3 etc over most, but to see a lot of long term members go back to the class and enjoy it says something about the way things are going here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    And its not one canned sound for all for cars, they are wildly different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Goose's Sprint Silhouette server lets you use all liveries and is running Norisring, Salzburgring, Portimao Club, Paul Ricard solution 3c and Mid Ohio Chicane on rotation ;)

Open to any suggestions for track rotations!

• Like Like x 2
  20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Zolder and brands, obviously ;)

• Agree Agree x 1