Silverstone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Cook, Apr 7, 2016.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    With the Nordschleife being the development focus for many months and finally out in the wild, it's probably a good time to ask about a circuit that we've known about for a long time but has never been officially announced.

Silverstone was first mentioned in one of the very early dev-streams but nothing more has been said since. Is it still happening? If so, when can we broadly expect to see it, or at the very least expect an announcement?

As a WEC venue, Silverstone would be a natural fit for multi-class racing, which is obviously the direction in which R3E is headed right now, plus it would be great for the open-wheel classes, especially the 'Eff Juan' inspired cars.

So...any news?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    yes please !

3. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Last news over one year ago

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Apparently Alex was working on Silverstone before he got the data of the Nords, I guess he could go back to finish that now when the really big track is done. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    In JF's interview, he said there were a lot of tracks that had been started before they had to stop for something the publishers wanted. He went on to say they were hoping to focus on finishing many of them. SO...... :D HOPING HOPING HOPING.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    It's funny, I was just thinking last night of posting the question "when will R3E get SIlverstone" after just booking tickets for a friend and I to go to the Blancpain GT Series - Endurance Cup at Silverstone on the weekend of 14th-15th May: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/blancpain-gt-series/

Has all those GT3 cars we love. BTW Nice shot of the new McClaren towards the end of this:

Here's the highlights from last years race:

Looks fantastic! :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sven Blumenthal

Sven Blumenthal Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Wish we could get a small update about the current state especially from Alex Hummler ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Visiting Silverstone in a few weeks for the Blancpain GT is going to make me want to race on that track myself - hope this is going to be possible in R3E soon!

• Agree Agree x 2