Released Silverstone

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    There is a mistake on the Silverstone historic Layout. It uses the 2010 Wing section and that is not historic at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The Historic layout is what is currently used at the track for historic cars events.

The old layout is never used any more.

That said, I do not rule out the possibility that we later add the actual historic layout in RaceRoom. Just couldn't be done in time.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Great Patch, but I am wondering why the sun on the tracks never really feels sunny? It always feels like one is wearing sun gases. I am trying to compensate it with reShade but actually it should feel sunny without using third-party hacks :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure the sun actually shine in the UK, so I guess it's a get real thing. ;)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    This is as real as it gets ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Says the man from Sweden!

;-)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    OK, Silverstone was perhaps not the best example, lets take a look at Bathurst or the Nordschleife, yes in Germany we sometimes have sun as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    but wait, fog would be nice too :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    You can tell S3 hails from the north, because just like during the northern summer, the sun never sets in Raceroom. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I must admit, I saw historic and nearly passed out with excitement. Then realised its with the old start line and pits position. This is still great and I'll be buying the circuit within the next few days. The older layout would be really appreciated by those of us older players though I imagine (hint, hint) :D

Edit: should also say that the Stowe short circuit for free is great, thank you S3S/Raceroom (y)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    It is time for a short journey to England at this evening ... :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Not a huge fan of Silverstone but picked it up just to support the team. Can't wait to run it when I get home for the evening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you here. Not a fan of Silverstone at all either... but it still can provide some nice racing.

Specifically, the International layout in the [redacted] is quite a blast. Also had some fun in the GT3's while doing some testing. The shorter layouts are probably the ones i dig more, simply because there will be more action happening around you than on a long lap. Either from the layout being easier and cars lap times being closer, or from lapped cars still posing a threat.

But really, the faster cars such as the open wheelers/p1 cars I have found very enjoyable on the short layouts.

Wont make me love the track, but the racing is fun :D

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    The general S3 track ambiance helps the track a lot, but yeah at the end of the day it's still Silverstone, I'm personally hoping it's a stepping stone to Donnington and Oulton Park... After the STCC tracks ofcourse. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Stowe is actually quite fun. I would appreciate more tracks like this in future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There are some swedish tracks in the pipe - I would say you'll get what you want ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I've just finished a single race with the complete Formula RaceRoom 3 field on 111% strength and normally this setting is the "comfortable" for me, which means I'm a few tenths faster than the AI, but this time I was 3 seconds clear from the whole field. And they were particularly slow in the fast sections (the first two corners and the Maggots-Becketts-Chapel combination). So either I am exceptionally good at those areas (doubtful), or the new AI modifications affected their strength.:p

18. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Great races at Stowe long with NSU and Audi TT Cup. AI very aggressive at 100%, but you just have to give it back, I think. I had to work pretty hard at 100% which is about right for me.Nice track for the smaller cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    What I saw on my first try on Silverstone is nothing less than a WOOW, awesome work guys it look amazing and driving it is awesome. :D thank you :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    J-F Chardon quick question, was there an added freebie, along with Stowe for a chosen few or am I just owning up to owing you 499vrp?