Released Silverstone

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 23, 2016.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Must also say that since the demise of Bridge, Silverstone and I fell out of love but the few laps I managed last night were a pleasant surprise, had some real fun in a Radical or two after a spin in the TT-RS, most enjoyable, looking forward to some M/P races in the future.
    Visually, only what is to be expected from the Art team, looks fantastic, feels fantastic, great job again guys.
    Fancy best part of this updates been the flawless unfurling of it, top job team!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. tcb77

tcb77 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh My God, it's sad at these times to be Brazilian and to buy any new content you have to pay almost 4 times more. I will need to wait for a new promotion to acquire this fantastic track. RaceRoom is getting better and better!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Okay Okay enough about Silverstone. We want to know when you'll be announcing Porsche content?!

Announce it today so we can expect it in around 18 months time?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Nice track addition! Didnt drive here for a while but all feels and looks great! :)
    Thanks

@Dan84 this is the Silverstone topic you know ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I think the cones should NOT be there at all those cones are just... ridiculous, and the way they fly of and never stop bouncing make the game look like crap IMO. It's like a child came up with that idea.. "yea lets have the cones fly like in a cartoon".... geee seriously!
    When are those cones gonna get taken out of the game and put in real race dividers not small kids go-kart toy cones???

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    But this is what Stowe is like, it's more of a training track, drive neater and cones wont fly..:p

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Heading for the cones! Stay away from them!

ladda ned (1).jpg

;-)

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Stowe is used more for track days and is full of cones, i have done the stowe track day and they do get bashed around quite a bit, i hit a few myself.:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Man, you must have a lotta time to get mad about such details. Do you actually drive or is nitpicking your first job ? :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I need a nit-picker. My 'orrible little kids came back from school crawling with the little fckers

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. MotorMantovani

MotorMantovani Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have to say I'm really enjoying driving the GTR3 cars in it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    :p:tearsofjoy: LMAO hilarious, :tearsofjoy:might be you took it little too serious and personel what I said that is... o_O;)
    I honestly don't mind them that much :cool: but would be nice if they stop flying around :tearsofjoy: like small rockets:eek: if and when you accidentally pass one to close :p Kind of take the immersion out of a race when and if it happen... :confused: :D just saying.. ;)
    it cracking me up every time, not easy to race when you're LMAO :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: NOT take everything you read to serious, text don't show emotion without the smilies.. ;) so maybe I should have been more sarcastic and put in some smilies to make it less serious, so I be shore to put in alot more smilies here :cool::blush: so you might see it's said with a litle smile not so serious... o_O;):):yum:
    So me bad,, ha ha :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    omg I've never seen that many emojis in one post, hilarious

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. Verpelethy

Verpelethy Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Same here with Chevy TC1. Don't touch the cones, that is the big challenge. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  16. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    This morning first drive at Silverstone. Love this real smooth Feeling at Becketts with the Audi TT RS.
    Pretty nice Work Guys.:):)

• Like Like x 2
  17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Any chance of Silverstone (or the FR3) being added to the Pro Pack soon or this year? I understand that adding it to the European Tracks pack right now would devalue it too much for most of the userbase, as it could be rebought for cheap with this sole track missing (unlike the buy once Pro Pack).
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Like I had shelved RR during Assetto Corsa's Porsche offensive, and due to the last RR patch in Decembre grounding me for 10 days in which I could not connect and was left more and more grumpy and angry, I now have shelved Assetto Corsa and currently practically exclusively drive Formula Junior on Stowes and Audi RS TT VLN on Silverstone GP, a very lovely experience with this awesome new AI. However, because it is often ovelrooked, I must say a word on prais enot just on the formidable track arts and track design, but also on the seleciton of camera angles for the replay cameras, TV, Action, Static and even helicopter - they all work so incredibly well that this helps to set Silversotne apart from most other tracks in RR's collection. Good job, very good job done on the cameras.

I think Silverstone is one of the real ztrack highlights in RR's track pool.

And the Juniors at Stowe also have me giggling all the time like a gang of drunken mice.

The VLN Audi is sheer pleasure to drive, btw. Its easy and elegant to handle and so allows driver to completely focus on dogfightign with the ploanes around him. Cars, I mean. The last aI was called Smooth Operator right? They should rename it to Spitfire. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    This track with the new AI and DTM or the Mustang GTO, :grinning::sunglasses::tongueout: Great fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    A very old thread, I know, but I did not want to start a new Silverstone topic for this and I still wanted to ventilate my opinion here, so please forgive me.

At RaceDepartment, there is poll out:

Have Your Say: The Best Virtual Silverstone?
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/have-your-say-the-best-virtual-silverstone.156155/

Now, I don't care much for this poll, since I think you need to have RL experience on the specific track, to be able to compare.
    But just for fun I raced at Silverstone in each sim I have on my system (R3E, rF2, AMS, AC and I also reinstalled pC2 to check).
    After about a dozen of laps each, I felt that the R3E version gave me the most pleasure. Not that it is prettier or more accurate than others, but the overall feel and immersion were just a bit better than the others.
    I used open cockpit Radicals to enjoy the environment.
    So I voted for the R3E version. :)

Uninstalled pC2 again, it is the only one that still has red/white kerbstones and misses the name Brooklands on the buildings, which is fyi not the reason why I uninstalled it again... :D

The other three versions are not that far away from the R3E version, maybe except for the aged look of AMS (which is a pity really because the drive feels good enough).

• Agree Agree x 2