simagic alpha mini delayed turning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thetriggerfinger999, Dec 10, 2021.

1. thetriggerfinger999

thetriggerfinger999 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey folks, tried ams2 with my new alpha mini today and worked great, but i tired raceroom and it seem like i have to turn the wheel way more just to get the car around. Wheel angle and limit angle are both set to 900 in alpha manager, and steering sensitivity is set to 50% in game.

Any tips on how to get more responsive steering?, thanks.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    My guess is, Ams2 can set your rotation angles automatically to match the car default while R3E can't. In that case try setting the angle manually in your wheel's drivers/program. 900 degrees is too much for most cars in R3E.

3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    On a related topic why we still dont have wheel but also pedals calibration options in RRE?
    I really wonder

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You need to manually set the rotation to match the car in alpha manager. The simagic software doesn't do this automatically like Logitech/thrustmaster/fanatec/simucube do. Blame simagic for their terrible software. (It's the only thing stopping me buying one, as the hardware is great)

5. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    their is a sync button in simagic which should set the rotation properly, raceroom is the only game it doesnt seem to work with, would something like 540 degrees be good?

6. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    what would you reccomend?, someone else mentioned 540, does that sound good?

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    540 is more or less standard for GT3 cars so a decent starting point. If you were to set up as 540 on the wheelbase then you should match that with the cars in the setup menu. Ideally you'd probably want formula cars lower, something like 360 so you'd want multiple profiles. I don't kno how other games go about setting their rotation, probably they provide their own softlock and just ignore the rest of the rotation. In any case, I think it's an oversight for simagic to not use the same kind of rotation setting that other popular wheels are using, it means having to use workarounds. I'm very impressed with the simagic as a package, the QR and such is industry leading. A shame they can't follow the norms software wise.

8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have the Simagic m10, racerooms is the only sim I have multiple profiles and rotations set up :(
    I have several profiles actually now I think about it likely around 5 for different rotations.

9. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    what i did was set it up for 540 and just left it, seems to do well in most cars., Its annoying because ams2 does it automatically.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Im lazy , i only run 540 , cant be bothered running anything else , after that its just working out whats best after , i run between 16 and 18 on all cars , seems fine to me

Andi

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Your wheel does it automatically though, why would you run a fixed rotation of you don't have to?

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Because it makes more sense , for me thats all

Andi