simracingsystem!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MsportDan, May 6, 2016.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what server you joined, Dan.
    But what you describe certainly is not the norm.

Also i dont care for your attitude.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I honestly almost never had issues online...only very rarely which happens with all online games :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Next month Dan will declare R3e the best online netcode, so there is little to be really bothered about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    The truth typically is :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ive had enough of the crashes offline (which is online?!) and online so trust me when I say I cant honestly see me liking any aspect of rr online any time soon... mate

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Ohhh so you are off R3e again? That took longer than I thought.

If we are now in the circle of trust, trust me, when I say I have played a lot on line with r3e, yeah there are some issues, but its no different than the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not off rre at all, I'm very much enjoying ai races. This thread and jims post tempted me to try rre online. I tried two races the first quit to desktop at race start. The second, while quaky was fine had a race with jumping and warping cars. 3 laps in it then crashed. I went for an ai race in which I got the oopps something went wrong after race finish. So yeah I'm a little peeved of how rre performs connected online, constantly crashing to desktop then restart.

9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    So 2 attempts equal a sample size? == constant crashing to desktop....your grasp of extremism in the English language is amazing. :)

Anyhow I race 70% online and get an issue every once in a while, but it is rare...last time was with ESR that was 2 weeks ago, but I was fine for a month+ before that. You may be one of the unlucky people where shit just doesn't work right, but one can't know that from 2 attempts.

I mean you have played games online before right? like one person with a terrible ping jumps about...FPS, MMORPG etc... its happens. Servers crap out all the time, I mean the list goes on...its 2016 but you wouldn't know it online at times.

10. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yeah come on Dan, it's as though you were determined not to like online from the off. It's fine online, no worse than any other sim out there and If you get racing with people you know, it's fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Just jumping in here to say that I am really looking forward to finally having a proper go at RR mp online racing soon. Until now it has been impossible due to the poor quality of my net connection. Hopefully that changes next week when I get upgraded to fiber. It is only 12mbps up & 1 mbps down but that is already 5 times or more of my current speeds.Can you guys recommend a starting point or fun league ? Definitely not wanting to race backwards drivers or sideswipers hell bent on victory at all costs ! Just some fun tight & clean racing ;)

12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    My own sample size is still lowish as well, think did < 10 races or so. However greatly enjoyed them, compared to AI I stay much more focused, and greater immersion.
    While there were small issues, a warper, a permanent ghosted car and such, it didn't feel far worse than other online gaming.
    As for quality of races, imo they were pretty good. The start phase is always rough, but seeing highlights of this racing weekend, it is "realistic". Only in one race I saw some one loosing temper and deliberately ramming.

In many other online games individual errors are balanced by good players over longer time. Racing in short sprints, just like in reality is more unforgiving. Nothing can change that.

It's a bit sad when people in front quit game on errors, instead of keeping in race to fight people in back. But well if that is their attitude and way to have fun, can't change it.

The closest battles I had with the slowest cars (ttu, dtm92). All racing on public servers so far, weekend, located in Europe so really good pings.

Anyway there is no magic solution/guarantee of a zero frustration race, when reality doesn't offer that either.

13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Very true as this kills most races. It does not mean that if you crash you cant still win.....we've seen this happen in real life too (thanks to safety cars of course)

I think that if someone quits a race, his/her Rating should reflect this.

14. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is there ratings in RRe online?

15. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Not yet ;)

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    He is back,
    Congrats you managed to hold of the usual for longer than I thought you would.
    See you next patch ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok....

can someone point me to where i can delete my account, so i can save humanity from my ridiculous threads and posts?

(not joking)

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  18. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi MsportDan,

You can delete your account via your Account Settings.
    - In Portal click on the gear icon on the top right and enter your Account Settings.
    - At the bottom of Account settings you will see a nice big red "Remove your Account" button.
    - Confirm that you want to delete by entering your password to get an deletion email sent.
    - Confirm that you want to delete your account via email.

Sorry about the extra confirmation steps. The confirmations are so people don't delete their accounts by mistake which happens. Please keep in mind everything including content and the vRP's you have will be gone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mean my game account i meant my forum account..
    Sorry

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    alternatively, just stop using the forum?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1