Simucube 2 - FFB recommendations - Pro/Sport/Ultimate

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0 / -0
    Finally I'm happy that I can share some recommended settings for the Simucube 2 wheelbases.

These profiles are not "official" yet, rather they're my own personal settings which will receive further attention over the coming weeks/months before being integrated into the game. As a starting point however, these should be preferable over the current defaults inside RaceRoom and the default settings inside TrueDrive.

I've put two files inside the .rar attached to this post:

SimuCube 2 Pro Alex Baseline.rcs - This belongs in <DriveLetter>:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

RaceRoom New 2_2020.09.20_11.01.ini - Unpack this anywhere and load to your wheelbase using TrueDrive.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Mixer49

Mixer49 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's much the same as the RCS of a few days ago, but it gets better and now there's a new RaceRoom profile in the TrueDrive software.

Keep going, it's going in the right direction!

3. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Just to confirm I set this up properly on my SC2 Sport? - I selected your profile in game which then moaned about two missing devices. - I then just remapped everything to my kit, and imported the profile into Trueforce. I then made some minor FFB tweaks to my preference/kit (strength, gear change, etc).

Can you also give a rough guide as to what's been looked at? I'm new to DD from ~April, and I don't yet have the technical knowledge/experience/vocabulary for all the underlying settings and nuances, and what was there before felt pretty good to me on the whole. A quick test of your settings last night (Zandvoort/DTM) felt solid and natural, and while I was aware of some subtle differences, I'd be hard pressed to describe what.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  4. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Will give this a go since I haven’t touched R3E since i tried it with my SC2 pro.

• Like Like x 1
  5. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  6. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I share the same feeling, i think r3e ffb should scrap all that vertical-lateral-understeer-steering rack nonsense settings and give a unique "gain" value like any other sim, as the current state ffb settings feels very dated and overcomplicated for no reason. cars are more "bouncing around" than actually driving smoothly, this can be felt very clearly in most of the cars now. the only class I think it's driving really well are the 2016 DTM and the Formula 2017 cars, ffb is communicative but most important smooth without weird and abrupt force transitions.
    I'm on SC2 Sport btw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  7. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hi Alex, I've been testing your settings and they are a big improvement over the default SC2 profiles both ingame and on True Drive. I am having some problems though, I'll try to explain : I have 2 different wheels - with different button plates off course - and every time I swap between one of them I always find button mapping all messed up, all axis number changed (for wheel and pedals), button box inputs unmapped and so on.
    but the thing that puzzles me the most is the fact that ffb changes a lot too when doing this; I made the experiment of deleting the entire R3E /doc folder and every time ffb returns to normal after mapping all inputs for the 1st time, but as soon as I exit and reboot the sim or like I said I change the wheel ffb degrades, and returns to normal only if I delete once again the whole /doc folder.
    is that a known issue, am I doing something wrong or what else could it be?
    for the record, I already checked files integrity through Steam, nothing missing was found.
    thanks a lot.

8. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have an issue in multiplayer racing, it is not a gamebreaking issue, but I may be a dangerous one.
    When you spawn on the grid before a race, you see the time counts down until all drivers have spawned.
    When all have spawned, and the race is ready to start, the wheel turns almost 90 degree right, with force and speed. This almost happens every time, and if you have the hands at the wrong place, some physical damage may occur if you are unlucky. This does not happen however when spawning in the pits, or when spawning for qualifying, and not on a race with AI.

I am not sure if this issue can be fixed by Sector3, or Granite Devices developers, or maybe it is a issue on my side.
    I have posted this in the Granite Devices forum aswell.
    https://community.granitedevices.com/t/raceroom-and-simucube-2-post-december-2019-update/4249/29

• Like Like x 2
  9. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think I solved the issue with input mapping and weird ffb, I had to do quite a lot of edit to Alex's file but in the end I found a solution; what I've done is basically delete the .rcs file that corresponds to my SC2 model - in my case it was the Simucube 2 Sport.rcs file - otherwise it will be loaded automatically at startup, and replace it with the Alex file.
    not only that tho : the most important part was to replace any reference to other devices mapped by Alex into his file with the normal values in the original SC2 file, so that 1 - none future mapped inputs will be lost and 2 - I won't have any "missing device" message on startup.
    (I also had to enter the correct codes into Alex file for SC2 Sport, since he generated the file with a Pro model, but that was just relative to my case and my own wheelbase).
    once done all of that, after deleting my /doc folder and rebooting the sim, the only profile I found was in fact Alex's, and not the SC2 default .rcs profile, and all went smooth after that.
    @Vantskruv you can find the .rcs file here below, might be worth a try to see if that solves your problem too (I am using the TD settings also linked by Alex here above, but I'll upload them too just in case; the .rcs file is ready to be pasted into steamapps/common/raceroom/game/game data/controlset and the TD profile has to be imported into TD without the .txt final extension)
    anyway, this shows that there are clearly a lot of problems into R3E profile management system, at least when it comes down to SC2/OSW devices.
    hope it helps
    cheers

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  12. John Bradbury

John Bradbury New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think I followed it correctly, deleting the default sport profile from both My Docs and gamedata/controlset folders, then copying in your attached Alex baseline file to the gamedata/controlset.

Booted the game up and selected the Alex profile and configured my inputs. It does feel much better now on my SC2 Sport, thanks :)
    I do however get the missing devices message, did I miss something?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I got the same iirc. I think it's just a case of rebinding/deleting the bindings that are looking for Alex's devices.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John Bradbury

John Bradbury New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Probably me being stupid but I got into all sorts of bother trying to do this, shifters intermittently not responding, usb device id's randomly changing, unknown devices etc etc :laughing:

In the end I just deleted the rcs in my docs and amended the default SC2 sport rcs file in game folder with the same FFB values from Alex's file. Then booted up game, selected default SC2 sport profile and set up all my device inputs.

So far seems spot on.

15. [Nick]Name

[Nick]Name New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

thank you for the recommendation and the atteched files. But i ask my self how can you use such a high slip effect? In my case the wheel constantly vibrates already by slow speed leaving the pitlane without moving the wheel. If i set it to 1% there is also a vibration even at low speed and low stering angle.

I stepp up from a Fanatec GT3RS V2 to a SC2 Sport R2 so my experience with these settings an software are very low. Also the feeling for the cars, mostly GT3, is a bit ....spongy? Most corners feels like a surprise bag. Maybe its me and i´m not able to handle a DD?

I´m grateful for any help and suggestion.

16. Torque Spike

Torque Spike New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know this as well. I'm not using a Simucube wheel, I'm using an Accuforce, but am having the same issue with slip effect. I feels like I have an out of balance tire, the faster I go, the more it shakes. If I turn down slip effect to 0 its better.
    Nick, I am also coming from a Clubsport, a V1 tho and moved to my DD Accuforce and totally agree that it lacks in feeling in some corners...spongy, but flat...its strange to try to explain.
    Nick, how does your SC2 feel in other games?

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0 / -0
    "so high" - it's 4% in the .rcs file I uploaded. That's not high at all!

18. [Nick]Name

[Nick]Name New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,

i know its only 4% and that is the point that I´m dont understand. I´m can feel that the slip effect kicks in way befor the tires makes any sound. As i wrote in my first post the effect takes place already in a straight line and that should not be the case i guess.

So i did some testst, all on the straights with a higher strength for this effect (50%). When you accelerate the slip effect is very present but disappers instantly when you press the clutch or put the neutreal in and let the car roll. In the opposite the effect come back if you put a gear in again. Hmm that should not work like this i think. Its also the same with 4% or 1% strenght of this effect only weaker. Also the effect is changing if you play with the RPM while driving straight in any gear. (GTR3 class)

The question is now why this is happend and others don't feel this?
    Torque Spike who had similar experiences shows me that I´m not alone. I did also delete all the other .rcs files to avoid interference but is the same.

So maybe there is a possibility to check these? I like RRE ;)

Best regards
    Nick

@Torque Spike I did a test with AMS2 and it felt different but mostly i play RRE. But this should´t be a topic in this thread.

19. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like something is not working properly. Slip effect should only be noticeable when the front tyres start to get close to their limit of adhesion during turns. What you're experiencing sounds a lot like the engine vibration effects which do exist in the FFB engine but should be firmly disabled in all default profiles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,688 / 0 / -0
    Find the following lines in your controller .rcs and ensure they match. Ie set to 0;

FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.0" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
    FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.0" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
    FFB throttle vibe slope="0.0" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.