Question Slow track loading

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MaXyM, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I recently moved all my sims to a SSD and now the long load times are very noticeable compared to any other title. I have 66Mb service on my end. I'm in the 90 second range, longer for MP. Are the tracks loading from the server every time? After the SSD upgrade, games like AC, Rf2 and GSCE load so fast it crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, other sims really benefit from being installed on a SSD. It's a shame this one doesn't.

What's actually being loaded from the server and why does it take so long? Because all these gigabytes on my SSD suggest the content is on my PC!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I think it's sort of integrity check... to see if a user is running modified files or anything else that could cause those famous/suspicious "mismatch" errors back in GTR2.

SSD will just load your game faster and then... it's bbq time!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Funkx

Funkx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Loading times seems to be an issue:( For me its the same, around 40/50 sec depending on the track and number of cars. I had a track loaded in 15 sec as well... The connections shouldn't be a problem (50 mbps), nor the CPU loading data (i7 3770 @ 4.2 GHz) and never ever the storage! SSD in Raid0 with up to 1.1 GB/sec in read (theoretically)...
    Would be great to have this fixed!

5. Funkx

Funkx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Best Answer
    But you can't modify R3E anymore, so any integrity-check would be nonsense

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Think about it.....

7. Funkx

Funkx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sure, nonsense is the wrong word;) But the files are encrypted so "normal" people shouldn't be able to change them. Infections from Malware or corrupt files from system failures might be an issue... In particular while MP-sessions. But for SP-session???

8. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    if 1min loading can leave these f***ers out of my game then hell I'll gladly take a (n)espresso coffee before race starts for the rest of my life!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Every game has encrypted files to some extend. But sooner or later (sooner usually) the encryption dodged. basically it;s not too hard since we have access to program code which can be disassembled. Also you can get access to objects stored in memory.

Question is what R3E does exactly. Maybe they calculate checksums and check them against some database. Maybe indeed data are encrypted by decryption keys/algorithms are stored on remote servers. Who knows.

I wouldn't care about it if it doesn't take so much time. I know 1 min might be bearable, but also it may cause problems in case of short multilayer sessions, which are often set to a few minutes. It significantly lowers probability some make connected.

I Hope developers are taking attention about this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If it matters at all, and to add to this discussion, I have noticed that the loading times remain fairly consistent throughout the day. That is, in the middle of the night when no one is online, and during the middle of the day/evening, the loading times are very similar.

I too have noticed that they feel longer than they used to. Noticeably so.

I have this game installed on a regular hard drive, but seeing as it is an online only game, moving to an ssd shouldnt have much impact on the loading times.

In any case, it's not terrible by any means, but I just wanted to throw out that even on off hours the loading remains about the same as when the most amount of people are on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps a little bit OT, but this 'best answer' option is somewhat annoying. If the issue mentioned by the thread opener is 'answered', can someone repeat the solution for me ?...o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Funkx

Funkx New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Indeed my answer is not "the best answer" at all :D
    But coming back to
    If it would help to keep wreckers out of the MP, please increase the load-times to 5 min;)
    Seriously speaking, I'm not into MP, but waiting for an SP race 1-2 minutes IS annoying. The track is 150 MB, cars are 50 MB each ... so I'm wondering where the delay comes from

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I too am only doing SP...it's weird. If we knew what IP's are reached we could find the culprit, *if* it's network related.
    Because even if your on a 100Mb connection, if the R3E server's bandwith is not that great then it affects us all.

14. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly one of my problems...loading time are so slower that didn't make in time for almost any race...that while a month or 2 ago i could even enter in sessions with 30 or 40 seconds left...i hope they are investigating this issue cause i stopped playing simraceway just because of this...99% of the races were server error or connection lost...with the difference that simraceway is completely free...

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    'cause I'm OP and I still don't think question is answered, may I ask to remove "Answered" status as well as ask developers to answer that?

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    has anyone else recognized that loading the replay of a race takes almost as long loadingtime as entering that particular race?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I too have to make sure there is a few minutes ( 3 or 4) left in the Qualifying session or I don't make it...I go back to the main menu after the game spins its wheels. If I actually want to run a qualy lap, I'll need more time still.

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    We can speculate about it endlessly - (well okay, killing time with blahblah until the next update :) ) Like being said, it would be great Devs give us some information

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    The increased loading times have been noted and will be investigated.
    I don't really have any more information to share at this time, as I am not involved in this process.

This is because replays are not video files. They are generated from saved data from the actual session itself and then played out in the game engine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Was SUPER fast last night. like 20 seconds