Problem Slowed down TT Cup AI too slow?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Clausewitz, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I was reading through the patchnotes thread the other day and saw that the TT Cup AI got slowed down lately. As I didn't remember that AI to have been extremely fast, i gave it a go to check out the new pace.

Did some short races on the Hungaroring (5 laps/starting positon 7) and it turned out, that I had to set the AI to 120 to keep at least a few (2 in this case) cars in front of me till the end of the race. As it's been an quite an enjoyable race it's not really a problem for me, but regarding my driving skills (leaderboard position 49 for this car/track combo), there should be plenty of guys (and girls?;)) out there going (a lot) faster than me.

Just my 2 cents.:)

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any chance you can give me the lap times as i am try to reproduce this , and failing
    Andi

3. Clausewitz

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Sure, my lap times for that race were 1:56.1, 1:56.1, 1:55.7 and 1:56.0, times taken from the aiadaption file. The recorded time for the ai at 120 was 1:55.8.

Did another race this morning (turned out racing in the morning doesn't make me go faster;)), lap times: 1:56.4, 1:56.9, 1:56.8 and 1:56.1. Fastest lap overall was a 1:55.0 set by the AI. So not really a chance to finish close to the top this time, maybe AI just did have a hiccup yesterday, but again, there are people out there running much faster than me.

I'm running the 32-bit version and I used the TT Cup 16 car btw.

4. Clausewitz

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Did some further testing myself, this time with qualification, qualified 10th out of 10 with the guy on P9 being 2,xx seconds faster than me. Could (more or less) compete with the pace of the backmarkers, finished 9th, laptimes 1:56.2, 1:55.8, 1:55.3 and 1:56.0. Fastest lap of the race was 1:54.5.

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can try removing your aiadaption file and retry as it may have got corrupted , i have reported the bug anyway as i found other stuff related to it ...

Andi

6. Clausewitz

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    k, thx. I'm most likely not going to change anything on the ai adaption file though. Spent too many time feeding it with car/track combos, and as the AI may not be on the speed I'd expected it to be on lvl 120, it's still fast enough to provide some fun racing for me. So as long my driving skills do not improve massively, it should still do the job for me.:)

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i didnt say delete it i said remove it/ move out of its location , and anything you feed info and then gets an update is then using the wrong data .. my cars were running at the same speed/laptimes as yours on 115% and someone else tested with a fresh file and there cars were faster still at 100% so its all relative

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2