So what else are ya playin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Oct 3, 2015.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    what remains of edith finch

2. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    time for some metal gear marathon so:
    metal gear
    metal gear 2
    metal gear solid
    metal gear solid 2
    metal gear solid 3
    metal gear solid peace walker
    metal gear solid 4
    metal gear rising
    metal gear solid 5 ground zeroes
    metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain

:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Well I tried a few of the sim titles I haven't played for months and quickly shelved them all for the same reasons.

One gave me 'Can't load number of cars with current graphic settings' :mad: it was a race with 20 90's F1 cars at the old Hockenheim circuit, so I just practiced with 20 cars...go figure

another game did not recognize I had a wheel :eek: turned it off as quick as I booted it up

and the third was just the funky simcade pick a scenario which I played EASY with 60's F1 and Brands Hatch GP and kicked butt, turned it up one level and got my butt kicked.

Re-enforced my thoughts about R3E, it may not be the complete package but it sure does work without the drama.

Maybe I should get a shooting game;), nah.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    similar thing for me, from driving sims i only play r3e (and soon ams 2 :D), although i have few more car games installed, for example wreckfest or beamng

• Like Like x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I did try adventure game called Deponia, that is somewhat highly regarded. I did play it trough, but I did not get it, I did cringe as much as if looking Seinfield show, rather I observe paint drying to wall, there just was too much of overdoing of funny on what is not funny.

Then again, it is probably just me, I don't observe planet from same perspective as the norm.

I much prefer Leslie Nielsen humor.

Then I did test most of the cars in Pcars2, sound levels and FFB strengths are all over the place with their cars, needs constant adjustments when changing cars, did not enjoy too much from most.
    I got FFB greatly improved though, by replacing ffb text file with one from the demo, not sure why demo had much better one than actual game.

I did test On The Road truck sim, but had to refund, it was in pretty bad state performance wise, graphics and driving were pretty bad too, I have my doubts if anything comes from that project as it has been in EA so long and still has such big issues.

Also have played some Grim Dawn, it is bit odd that I like from it as usually those kind of games are not my thing at all.

Haven't played much of r3e as I'm looking forward of that AI blind spot fix which there was some rumors about, currently I'm getting bit too much love taps at Nordy to fully enjoy racing.

6. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    You should play them following the timeline order, you will love them even more ;)

7. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Good idea; i wanted to start from mg msx+2 because thats the only two i didnt play, but i may recondiser. Good point of this is that you play Snake Eater first which is the best :D

8. GermanSimRacing.de

GermanSimRacing.de New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    With the release today of FR 90, nothing ever again.:p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. BillyBobBongo

BillyBobBongo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I tend to bounce between Assetto Corsa, rFactor2 and R3E most of the time. Occasionally Automobilista comes in to the mix, mostly when it's too hot in my room to race in VR. Project CARS 2 also features in my rotation, mostly for driving around in the Caterham or the Clio Cup.

Everyone once in a while I throw money at iRacing...then wonder why I did it.

11. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    God of war (2018)

12. Saunuolis77

Saunuolis77 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Mostly Assetto Corsa Competizione, and DiRT Rally 2.0, bought both of these for a really compelling price too so can't really complain. Awesome games with good handling and a huge choice variety.

Though, I do enjoy to log into Monster Hunter World once in a while since it's an overwhelming experience that manages to capture my attention span for hours upon hours of playtime... :D

So, yea.. have a nice day! <3

13. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    More and More Hunt

It is so intense...never experienced something like this. Its breathtaking in every meaning of the word....sometimes it scares you the shit out of your pants. And this permadeath thing...is reaaaaaly....ughhhh

• Like Like x 1
  14. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Will probably start playing No Man's Sky after the update. Also started tinkering around in Subnautica again. I just wish there were modded vehicles. I'd really dig a bigger sub. Haven't played Sub Zero, yet. The "Sea Truck" and "Spy Peng", isn't enough to get me to purchase it. Ylands is on the back burner too. Really enjoyed that one.

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So i stumbled across a little video today that made me give one of my first ever games a go again, f1 2009 on the wii :D
    And i gotta say with a few assists enabled it turns into a surprisingly fun hot lapper :D

Tried everything i could but the video somehow ended up vertical anyways but on a phone it can fill your full screen. But i guess this type of video isnt really trying to be a hollywood blockbuster anyways ;)

16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Turned my monitor. Now it fits.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Overwatch - actually a compromise to share something with my wife and her sister, cause they are more into RPG/ Survival (7 days to die) and Arcade shooter like Overwatch. Its quiet nice and fun to play, specially Coop , no doubt. But watching that vid above @Eisprinzessin , I surely would prefer that :D
    (Vom Umgebungssound und Angstfaktor erinnert es mich an Alien: Isolation. Sind die Sounds auch so präzise, dass man wirklich hören kann von wo genau die Gegner kommen ? Das war bei Isolation echt überragend.)

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Just started playing Kenshi again. I played around 80 hours during early access, but thought I'd give it another go now since it's fully released. Very interesting game, and a great example of indy development and early access done correctly. (Kenshi was actually one of the very first games hand-picked by Valve to start their EA programme.)

Unlike most RPGs you're not an all-conquering hero. You're just a guy/gal like any other, trying to survive in a very hostile world. No levels or upgrade points, just skills that improve with actual use. No classes or templates, you play as you like and your character will develop to become better at whatever it is they're doing. And also, no story, objectives, or pre-determined goals. Just a world full of lore and possibilities, leaving the player to create their own story.

Certainly not for everybody, but I think it's brilliant. :)

19. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Damn! I forgot it. I spend so time playing Path of Exile, as well. :rolleyes:

20. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Metro Exodus