So what else are ya playin?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Oct 3, 2015.

1. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, already been through Misery twice now. It's amazing what the TZP crew accomplished. And while I like many of the things they added, the insane amount of micromanagement was just too much of a grind for me. But will definitely give it another go when the new update will be released.

On a sidenote, I like what Bethesda has done with Fallout 4's new survival mode, mechanics feel very... STALKER-ish (although it's still missing the atmosphere and actual fps gameplay). ;)

3. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Wow,respect...i didn't been through once to the end:oops:.
    Yeah,that was too much to check all out and find a good way to manage things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, but the idea of having three different classes with different strong and weak spots, brilliant. Added so much to the base design.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. Kam

Kam New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi - have you tried Cities Skylines? Thats very good. Im sure you'll like it. Also Factorio which is similar but its building a production line rather than a city. Similar idea though.

6. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    simply too much,but anyway cool;):eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Skylines is a good game but I think I prefer XXL a little more. I find I can build more realistic cities with XXL - just more visually appealing.

But as an all-round game, Skylines is the winner. Easier to use, more features, cities that feel more alive whereas excel feels unfinished and a little buggy. Despite this, I prefer XXL. It's weird.

If only there was the perfect city game that took the best elements of Skylines, XXL and Sim City 4.

8. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    While weekend sale on the Steam, just bought Dirt Rally :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Lately it's been lots of R3E, with some ATS thrown in, and then AC might get fired up once in a great while. I also from time to time like running NoLimits 2 coaster simulator, because it's fantastic on racing rigs and i'm sure Occulus as well. My son and I like riding together on that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Am thinking of picking up Farming Simulator 2015 in the current Steam sale (50% off) - does anyone here play that? It seems to get decent enough reviews, and I do like playing some slower pace sims like ETS 2 when I want something more relaxing than R3E, AC etc.

EDIT: Although it does look like Farming Simulator 17 is releasing in October, so may be worth waiting for that? Although at 50% I guess that might help me to find out if I like the concept first...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^ I played Farming simulator for a little while (2015 I think) and enjoyed it for some time. For me on the the "relaxing game" scale, it's a bit more involved than say ETS2 but you can still kick back a little with it. Actually I thought it was a really well done game, but eventually started feeling a bit like a second job. It takes a lot to dig into my two mainstays of pc gaming, but this did for awhile.

If it's inexpensive, I'd grab 2015, well worth it and tons of mods. I think you'd get your money's worth before upgrading to 2017, hopefully at a similar discount.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I wouldn't pay full price for it, but £9.99 seems like a reasonable deal. Not sure whether to go for the "Gold" Edition, which includes all the DLC released for it as well as the base game - it's £14.99. Is it worth it? Bearing in mind if I like the game, I'd probably get the 2017 version...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that tip. I gave it a shot now and I have to say it exceeds my expectations by quite a margin. Didn't expect it to work that well while offering sth (gameplay-wise) apart from "only" additional maps. Brilliant mod indeed, very alive and well balanced. Tho the choppers at the Cordon gave me the shits at first sight. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  14. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Heh. I read that the choppers were a pain, so I just made myself a Duty rookie :D No need to deal with the military.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. JamesGoblin

JamesGoblin New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Metalogic That farming simulator thingy looks interesting, thanks for the tip!

16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    SBP 4.0 has just been released, so obviously that is what I am doing beside driving racing cars. At least SBP also is a driving simulator. Sort of. :D
    [​IMG]

And the rest of my gaming energy gets soaked off by a back-to-the-basics-title, Flashpoint Campaigns:
    [​IMG]
    Hexfield cosims - old-fashioned? Maybe. But still captivating. And this one is one of the most excellent I have every come across. Though very lethal. But so is SBP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    125$ ? ouch

I play Armored Warfare mostly aside of racing sims (automobilista, assetto) atm. Some Darksouls 3 and Total Warhammer. God, I play too much.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I am with SB since the very first generation in the late 90s.

SBP started not as a game for the game market (the old, now legacy SB Gold in the late 90s was that, but not the later Pro-editions of version 2, 3 and now 4), but is a training tool for the military, being used by over a dozen national militaries, mainly in the West (they paid 16 thousand bucks for a six-seat license in 2006 ;) ). You have to factor that in when assessing the price - the gamers are not the fundament of their business - they just do not stop them from buying it. In some countries the military has build whole computer centres with hardware cockpit cabins around this simulation, replicating the tank'S cockpits, other use it in networking classroom fashion. Their customers are the reasons why the sim is what it is, and is in the state it is in, and why it does stuff in the way it does, and in no other - it is easily accessible for the novice as well - but it is no game. On the matter of armoured fighting and mechanised ground warfare, you will not find any better. Some look better, yes, sometimes more, sometimes less. But their "realism" disappears in comparison to this one. Only Steel Beasts does the real stuff - and in the way it is meant to be. Many of the company's staff have been or still are active tankers in the American, German and Scandinavian armies.

125 bucks is cheap for what it does, and what it is capable of. Some of the most intense and sweat-driving PC fighting I have every played, I played in this. I think I put only Falcon 4 beside this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Omg... A lot... :confused:
    - RE3 (obviously)
    - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    - STALKER Call of Pripyat (with Misery Mod)
    - Age of Empires II HD
    - Counter-Strike global Offensive
    and sometimes NBA 2k14 :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I play Sniper 3D a lot on my tablet. And make my own sudoku s on paper, starting with a blanc sheed and start writing numbers till the puzzle can be solved...or not.