So what have you picked up during the Steam Sale?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave R, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I got an email earlier this afternoon that practically everything on my wishlist was on sale for the Steam Sale. Being the strong willed person that I am, I bought only the racing title on my wishlist. I picked up Formula Truck 2013 (Reiza's Truck racing sim) I'm still wavering on MX vs ATV Supercross Encore (only 10 percent off now) hoping it will drop a bit more before the end of the sale. Anyone else buy anything so far or are you far stronger than I am?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I have DiRT Rally and R3E to play with, no time for anything else at the moment!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Dirt Rally is grand. It has a good sale going on too I think (already bought it as well.)

4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Oh shoot! Didn't realize there was another thread open!! :-(
    Any mod can delete my other thread? Thanks!

Bought Don't Starve Together and this morning Reign of Giants DLC ($1.24... I know... what a folly expense!!)
    Kholat seems nice... even Outlast looks scary as hell.
    But then it means I'll have to uninstall everything, format and set fire to the computer while performing an exorcism and then pour corrosive acid directly into my eyes.

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Got dirt rally today, seems a bit 'meh' to be honest. Perhaps it'll grow on me, but I still prefer Richard burns rally.

Pondering whether to get x rebirth too, even though its not exactly popular

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Civic, Honda, WTCC 2014 plus one livery :)
    Yeah unbelieveable : A ten year old Rally Sim (plus loads of mods) is still ahead of any contemporary crap...thx to Warthog and specially to Richard Burns and his legacy - R.I.P

7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    They've worked a lot on it after the first big flop release, and people say it's definitely better now... it doesn't attract me that much tho...
    I bought Albion and Terran a while ago. Pretty time consuming tho! Scare to begin playing it cause i might end up not sleeping at all.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I just didn't have the time to get much out of x3. Was wondering if rebirth might be a bit more appropriate for an old giffer with too many other things to do.

Tried dirt rally again.. Might grow on me I suppose

9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I was really thinking of getting Wreckfest, but I decided against it, mostly because I don't see the MP being very populated. Looks like a really fun "simcade", as much as I hate using that term.

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

I edited my original post and took out wreckfest. I had it in the cart but ended up taking it out after reading the steam forum for the game. Apparently it's early access but hasn't been updated since October and that scared me off even at 1/2 price. I'm happy to support early access (Grim Dawn, Eastside Hockey Manager 2015, Dirt Rally, etc) but thats just a bit too long between any type of game update even for me. I enjoy Dirt Rally and I enjoy RBR as well. DR still isn't anywhere near RBR but it's a nice new Rally Game that doesn't have that silly ass drifting stuff from Dirt 3 in it.

11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Major update expected for Wreckfest imminently so might be worth reconsidering that purchase? I normally wouldnt touch anything not considered "hardcore sim" (apart from cocking up and buying pcars - mistake) but its actually really good fun, looks well, drives well and has (in my opinion anyway) massive potential to be a regular on my play list...

Go on, give it a try ;)

12. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The XCom franchise. I already had the main game, but all that extra content for 4.99? Bargain :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I`ve been gifted another racing sim, probably the best ever: Toybox Turbos.

14. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Also picked up Dirt Rally.
    Only played it a hour or so, and its not bad, tracks look nice.
    FFB is not on RRE level, but an FFB patch is coming out so that good.

15. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    "And now for something completely different"...NBA2K15 o_O

16. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Wreckfest is a good little game. The devs are working on a new physics model but even so I don't think this title should be approached with realism in mind. It's just a fun Destruction Derby type game. I've had countless hours of online fun with a group of friends however we drifted away from the game a few months ago because of a lack of much needed updates and new features. Six months between updates is suicide for a beta title.

That said, I would definitely pick it up in a sale. It will be worth it.

@Rella the NBA2K franchise has been the most impressive sports series for a long time now.

17. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I picked up Wolfenstein New Order and Old Blood yesterday and I just grabbed a few cyberpunkish titles; Invisible Inc, Republique and Shadowrun Dragonfall.

18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    not a 'simcade' that imply a level of sim in it. it is a arcade because it is not even trying to replicate real life slightly but it looks like a good arcade if they can find a way to make the races less frustrating.
    Beam ng is a simcade because it trys to simulate real crash physics but is arcade in almost every other aspect at the moment.

19. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    The 43GB download is already very impressive ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    wow 43gb? I thought that was a lot till I checked the size of my rFactor 2 install, my Race07 install, and my GTR2 install.:)