So when is the AI slight contact = spin getting fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theravenousbeast, Aug 11, 2018.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I swear this shit has been in the game since 2014. Makes the singleplayer nearly undriveable, especially with the more lively AI R3E has currently.

This is just an example but I can record a billion more if needed. Its not hard to replicate. And don't tell me you don't know this or that it doesn't exist. Chances are I've been playing this for longer than 70% of the current playerbase.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    lol great video, I thought they had fixed that. Man can't believe it's still around.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    theravenousbeast

I understand you perfectly, was the reason why I left the game.

Apparently the problem has no solution.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That video is ancient by game dev standards, and this has been improved a fair while ago.

I still get this happening occasionally, but I cant do it on command anymore like I used to a few years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The issue shown in the video has become known as "magnetic contacts" and, as nate already pointed out, has been eliminated for the most part. If you still encounter it please provide a current vid alongside your race setup.

• Like Like x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @theravenousbeast the video is more than 1.5 years old. If I remember right, this issue was more or less fixed to the end of last or beginning of this year. In some circumstances it might happen again and maybe it is not fixed for all classes on the same level, but I'm pretty sure that DTM92 worked quite well when I drove a Race with AI one or two month ago...

@Nano 10 maybe there is...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Whats the point here? The video was posted at youtube by the topic starter himself, one and a half year ago. And now he digs out his own video which is 1.5 years old and acts and talks as if it was new?

He knew that he was posting old stuff - his own old stuff. And that tells something.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. shovas

shovas Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I understood the OP to be saying this was still happening.

Are others getting a much better experience now?

9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    definitely on my side. In the past a little contact with an opponent forces me into a spin. Now slight contact in a race is possible for me and the AI. Harder contact can force the AI into a spin - what was nearly impossible in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, as I said above the magnetic contact as depicted in that video has been tackled and I haven't seen it (myself or mentioned by others) in a rather long time. That's why I asked for current footage. I'm not saying it's impossible that it might still happen, but if it does we need to see it and know which cars were involved, what the race setup was etc., otherwise the devs can't do anything about it.

11. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    interesting when they say that the problems with the AI are old.

more interesting is to see this video (current) where it is noted that the problems with the AI were never solved (brutal clashes, braking very late or early, etc etc, as usual).

Pay attention to the conclusions 1.34.30

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Watching that vid I see a driver who for the bigger part doesn't know what he's doing or where he's at and him crashing into the AI pretty hard several times and yet, no spinning, and no magnetic contacts either. Weird...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    You're flogging a dead horse with this guy, despite being told numerous times he still doesn't get it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That is a different Story and not that what @theravenousbeast is talking about - so a different Topic