SOLD: Fanatec Rim

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is interested in a slightly cheaper once used not quite 2 month old Formula black give me a shout, I'm never going to use it, I find it way to small, it was 229 euro's or roughly £201 new..

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Hi, out of interest what did you find too small?
    Im currently in the process of exchanging my BMW gt rim for one of these, i found the rim grip diameter to thin and really uncomfortable to hold over a period of time, put me right off it, it was like it was built for tiny hands.
    Now im worried :)

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    The Formula rim (I have the carbon edition that has the same dimensions) is perfect for open wheelers.
    But as I use it for GT/DTM CARS, 28cm is a bit small to my likings.
    Nothing wrong with the grips, buttons or whatever, it just feels too small for me.

4. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh for me it's whole dimension of the thing, if it was of a similar dimension to the TM version it would be all good, but it is very compact around the hands, the paddles on the back are small and at the bottom of the rim which feels a very odd position, that can be dealt with but at more expense.

5. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh you are correct, but to be honest most people will wear gloves with rims that have alcantara on the grips which protects it from wear, and wearing gloves with the BMW rim makes alot of difference.

6. SimDrive

SimDrive New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pm sent