Resolved - solved !!! only MP ranked, game shut´s down

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AndreasAUT, Jan 29, 2021.

1. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i posted this on the discord channel, but I fear it will get lost there.

Same bug happend to me now 4 or 5 times. Today, I had about 6-7 minutes left ( 15 min race ), then suddenly R3E is shutting down and you are back in SteamVR. That happened to me on that wednesday race and a few races before too.
    Yesterday, I installed RaceRoom completely fresh on a different SSD and I can drive competition´s for hour´s ( Rookie Formula in sweden for excample ) but when I start a mp race, the game is shutting down but only while race ( never happened in training or qualifying ).
    That bug is not a single person problem, on wednesday, I read from three other drivers that their game just shut down.

Sadly, I will pause RaceRoom for now because its frustrating ( it is by far my most favourite simulation!! ) and off course i get minus points over and over. Maybe it gets better after the next big patch.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Hi , can ylu give full system specs and all hardware please also please can you tell us what your connection is , any game logs will help

Andi

3. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi,

sure np:
    Ryzen 7 3700X,
    X570 gaming Edge Wifi motherboard,
    32 Gb DDR4 3200 Ram
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2 ( windows, game, drivers all up to date ) ( os build 19042.746 )
    HTC Vive ( first gen )
    had the game first on an Samsung 1 Tb SSD, now on an M2 SSD.
    Internet is 100/10 Mbit cable

Ah yeah, and no crash log under C:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Dokumente\My Games\SimBin\Crash Dumps

regards
    Andi

4. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ok , thanks , pointed this to the devs ill answer when i get feedback

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Update:

I dont wanna call it a "fix" right now, but I told my Windows Defender that the swedish dont wanna attack my computer ( i think so :D ) and put not even rrr.exe on the "safe app" list, but also the 64version and others.
    So I started a MP race now in Zolder and guess what.... I could finish the race.

I will do more races and update this thread again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ok, i could do 4 races without problems. At race number 5, it quit R3E again from self ( you can see it on Georg´s stream, FR3 in BHGP ).

7. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, im not abusing the counter for posting messages, i hope this will be my last update with a fix.
    Why? I did 6 races today and had only for a short ms a grey screen ( this come´s from SteamVR ).

I watched the logfiles in SteamVR. Ok I wasnt sure if I interpret them correct, but I thought maybe its a sync problem with the base station ( HTC Vive ). Yesterday, I had only one base station pointing at my head from the front right, as you can see on this picture --> https://photos.app.goo.gl/zzzu5uBZMCXDtYoR7
    I read that one station should be enough, however, I put the 2nd station, which was off course 2m behind me on the left side and put it in front of me to the left. So two base stations are angled at my head area. I think and I hope that was the trick, maybe SteamVR was out of sync because tracking couldnt catch every trackerpoint on my Vive headset.

Long story short:
    If you use VR with base stations, angle them all into your head direction.

Thx

( I really hope this fixed the problem ) :-D

8. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, after many races ( i guess it was race number 9 ), it happened again. Im done now, sorry.

9. fauster

fauster Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this helps you..but some people had similar problems when use the new UI in the game.
    I hope that you can resolve it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thx Fauster but i have never used the new WebUI.
    I contacted Steam Support now, but tbh, i dont have high hopes.

Edit: I added the VRclient RRR logfile, I guess Date/Time is in UTC, this would match the time of the last shutdown ( 31.01. at about 20:40 UTC+1 ).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  11. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, today it also crashed on Training.
    I read the discussion section at SteamVR and there is another guy, who has absolutely the same problem in iracing. So looooong story short, its some SteamVR related problem!

12. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You can check the windows event log. There is maybe a little bit more information about whats happening.

Addition: Gets your grafic card hot during race?

• Like Like x 1
  13. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thx Firebird, I already checked the windows event logs too but couldnt find anything suspicous.
    I have the Zotac Extreme GTX1070 with 3x fan, I cant even hear the gpu ( but i can hear my case fan´s on low rpm = many fan´s :D ). But temperature´s are´nt the problem. I really look´s like a small amount of sim racer have problem´s with SteamVR.

btw i activated steamvr beta and will give it a try

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  14. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i tried many other things without solving the problem.

Then Capt. Coffee said something very helpfull ( and simple :D ): try R3E with 32x VR.
    I did that and so far i have no more crash ( i did about 6 or 7 races today ). Ok, I had that many games in 64bit too in a row with no problems and then it crashed.
    I´ll keep you updated if the problem is still there ( but i hope its done now :D ).

Thx Chris!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello, good evening.

Lately I noticed that raceroom is crashing after exiting either the game or ranked races.
    Is it happening with someone else? My RR version is x64.

Regards.

16. vrjo

vrjo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I had a crash yesterday after updating my Nvidia driver to the newest (coming from 457.something). I did a clean install with DDU and no driver settings changes. Hope it will never happen again. I had that in the past aswell but only here and there. But only online. I can race Singleplayer for ever, but Multiplayer seems super fragile on my end.

17. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Dont use the -webmenu, if you do ( still beta ). Also, VRx32 was the fix in my case, VRx64 is buggy for me and crashes near every race.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello, well it did NOT fix the issue. I only drove the x32 version from february and right now, the game just closed again while driving. Then you are back in SteamVR.
    I will come back when the issue is fixed, thx.

19. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you check that there isnt a scheduled task going on in the background , it would also be useful to get a full list of your hardware/controllers , gpu driver /os , etc etc

20. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Same issue here. No Webmenu, only Otterhud.

I found a fatal error with the dash.exe so I installed Crewchief for testing. I haven't driven since

My specs:
    PC: I7 10700k watercooled, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra watercooled , 32go, SSD Nvme 970 evo 500go, windows 10 familly
    Simrig: Simlab P1-X, Fanatec DD2, Heusinkveld Sprint, Fanatec SQ 1.5, Reverb G2
    Other things plugged to the PC: Button box arduino, Creative Sound Blaster X3 USB, razer basilisk wireless, corsair strafe silent, Z906 5.1, Sennheiser game zero.