Something about races againt AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniele Arreghini, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Daniele Arreghini

Daniele Arreghini New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After over 100 races against AI in many classes and get real mode, I can say that I like the way AI drives, but I've noticed that AI cars tends to stay all together all in big groups even if I made 1 hour races, and if some of the AI driver takes some seconds in three or four laps the advantage disappeaer, this doesn't happen if I'm in front of the group. Fast lap are made always by the racers that are behind (I play on 90 to 100%, not adaptive) (sorry for my maccaroni english). That's the trouble that I've even with race 07

• Like Like x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yea, would be nice to see more variety to how the AI drives / behaves.
    And a more worked damage model, I really miss seeing wrecked AI cars on the side of the road as in Race 07!!

I'm not saying they should wreck on every race, but as it is, it's really rare to see a DNF from an AI in the results.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    y, something like the old-race07 talent files, but maybe bit more "mainstream"....

• Like Like x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    AI needs more variety in its behaviour. I'd like to see more spins, crashes, lock-ups, mechanical failures, retirements etc. That way I feel like I'm in a more dynamic race rather than taking part in a procession.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I recently had a race on one of the `Free` servers: Hillclimb Icons/Raceroom RaceWay and not only did the grid consist of identical cars, with identical liveries, but all those who crashed had identical damage to the front...