Problem Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by corre, Jan 16, 2021.

1. corre

corre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings,

I've been away from sim for a about one year and come back recently to R3E.
    I've noticed in recent weeks some issues related to sound with some cars (WTCR 18/19, Audi R8 LMS GT3, Audi R8 LMS GT4, Porsche 911 GT3 (2019), i don't know if eventualy with some other cars) while the tire is over the curbs the sound starts crackling, and the issue is more noticeble when the car is slowing down and not when driving in high speed. Also more or less noticeble on different types of curbs in other circuits.

This audio sample is from the WTCR 2019 Audi RS 3 LMS on Motorland Aragon.
    You can hear the crackling between 0:18 - 0:24 sec.

I've tested with HyperX Cloud II USB 7.1 with soundcard without the 7.1 activated (the way i always use), with 7.1 activated, and with the older version HyperX Cloud I with Jack 3.5mm.
    The result is the same on both headsets, but with the HyperX Cloud II USB soundcard the sound in general is intensified, thats the only difference

Does someone experienced the same issue?
    This is gonna be fixed?
    Is there some kind of turn-around by tweaking the sound settings?

Thanks

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
  3. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If I have been with some sound problems for a long time. They are like cracks with a road effect. I even changed the headphones thinking it was the cable. Because the noise is similar to the failure they give when the cable is about to break, interference and cracks. Change them for Some wireless noses. and the failure persists, which has been able to minimize them with equalization and lowering the road effect

4. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Same issues with the same headset as the OP.

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Aren't you also having issues with AMS 2, or am I thinking of someone else? If so it seems it might be something to do with the headset rather than the sims.

6. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Yes, only in certain cars in AMS2....just like Raceroom.
    Zero clicking or popping issues in any of my other titles.
    iRacing, RF2, ACC, AC or listening to music or watching videos.

I just don't understand why it only happens in some cars and others are perfectly fine?

Raceroom overall is very good, the only time I've had issues is with the pit limiter engaged and the odd curb which I noticed in today's race in the 2019 Audi RS3

7. corre

corre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer with the explanation and the link for the other thread. @BeefMcQueen
    I was not aware the the feature was implemented on R3E, but it's really far away from the real cars, it sounds more like a noise interference then a properly created sound, something far away from what Sector 3 as used to do and well recognised for.

You mentioned about what can actually triggers it. In my case, if i reduce the velocity on the tarmac I don't hear any imperfection on any of the cars I mentioned. I only start to hear when I'm over the curbs and its more noticeable in a slow velocity.

I can also confirm you that on Mid Ohio there's not sound issues at all with the Audio R8 LMS GT4, that was the only car I drove there so far.

The only thing I can do it's to ask if there's any plans to improve the feature in a close future?