Sound Updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anthony Monteil, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Tim Hallmann

Tim Hallmann New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Also my opinion. Sector3 PLEASE fix it!!!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Anthony knows something went wrong, no need posting ''FIX PLS'' the next 10 pages.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'll try to rework the Opel Omega, but I must say that there won't be a miracle here, as most of the cockpit videos on the net are unusable.
    Their sound is really bad, and the previous soundset was obviously suffering from this.

We really couldn't bear that sound anymore and sadly the real car almost never races anymore nowadays, so the opportunity to record it (or that we know about it racing somewhere in time to schedule some recordings) is close to zero.

Really sorry of this situation guys :confused:
    Let's see what I can improve with the current soundset and hopefully it will make everyone happy. ;)

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil , IIRC Volker Strycek was co-commentator for DTM at Norisring on German television. I think he said he was there with this own
    Omega for the historic DTM race. Maybe he is willing to let record you some sounds.

Edit: Historic DTM will compete again on Nürburgring from September 8. to 10..

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  5. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    He was as you can see in my Norisring post and i just wanted to propose the same. At Norisring there was an event with the "Tourenwagen Classics" and there will be some more upcoming events this year as you can see on their homepage. See also

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip guys.
    These Tourenwagen Classics events are really awesome and hopefully I'll be able to travel there one day to grab the sound of all those beauties:).

In the meantime, I've reworked the cockpit sound for the Opel Omega and I think it's now closer to what you expected.
    It's already in test phase and hopefully will be available in Steam in a not too far future.;)

I also improved the external samples blending, but I still wish we had more sources available for the externals.

• Like Like x 17
  7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    You are a true gentleman.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    can it be that the sound of the cars while in TV cam are much lower now? I just realized it yesterday. OK, the BMW 235i is not the loudest car but you can hardly hear your car in replays

9. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    There was no change in the replay volume since a long time, so it must be the BMW 235i, and also the circuit has an importance, depending on the distance between the camera and the track.
    You may want to switch on a different camera group (TV - Action - Helicopter - Static) and check if you get more volume with one of them (the Heli is usually the quietest but Action cams are often located closer to the track than the TV cam group).

That said, the BMW 235i is a very silent car in real life, one of the quiestest race car I heard in my life along with the Renault Megane RS N4.
    Try the BMW 320 Group 5, there you are sure to hear something during replays :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    So, this means we will get the Megane RS in the game (which would be amazing)? :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Well, the Megane RS N4 is a rally car, therefore it's very unlikely to see it coming in R3E :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Confirmed! Rally cars and loose surface coming to R3E!!!!! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil Next weekend September 08-10 you will have three days to choose from for this one day at the DTM event @ Nürburgring ;). Here you find the preliminary start list including the Omega. Just wanted to let you know...no pressure :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Rella ;) Sadly, I'm afraid it won't be possible this time. Hopefully next year :)

15. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    SOON™

16. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    There's an audio glitch with the WTCC 2013 BMW E90. At high revs the audio seems to 'skip'. At first I thought it was just the engine responding to the car hitting a bump but it happens anywhere.

17. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Lixma, I'll look at it, though I'm surprised no one reported this before as it seems to be quite a serious issue o_O

18. BattleOvce

BattleOvce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    and what about physics update for old content ? This is serious issue too

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    This is a audio thread..

• Agree Agree x 2