Spa - 3 Layouts ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimREVS, Oct 19, 2015.

1. SimREVS

SimREVS Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Firstly i must say the track is very nice, well done to all involved. However, 3 layouts?

To be honest i'm a little disappointed, the GP circuit, well we all know what that is like but Classic? I was expecting an older version of Spa with the bus stop chicane. Would have been nice if Classic spa had been the original 1960's layout but i suppose that would have been asking too much. BUT different pits? Is that the only difference or am i missing something?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nah, it is the pits. Personally I'm happy to have the options this way for the Modern layout, but understand that the name might be a little misleading, maybe 'old pits' might be better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  4. SimREVS

SimREVS Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest saying its one layout with different pits - saying its 3 layouts is very misleading, especially when they call it classic.

Dont get me wrong, i'm really impressed with the track, i'd have bought it either way.

5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I think some series still use those pits and the starting line before Eu Rouge. In fact (and I could be wrong) I think F1 is one of the few series that uses the s/f line before La Source. So, not really "old", just "version 2".

6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, they're still used a lot but they are often still called the 'old' ones I believe, probably because of when they were first used than because they're no longer active. The naming convention as it is now makes sense to me, but I understand why it might be confusing for folks that don't read the above posts first.

7. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, if you know Spa then it makes sense. If you don't, then it would be rather confusing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I agree it could be clearer but in buying anything a couple seconds of research should enlighten you.

I don't mean any disrespect in saying that. :)

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    for me the most annoying thing with those three Spa-Layouts is, to make the car-setup for every layout ^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    go to.....Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience Install \UserData\CarSetups\Spa-Francorchamps\Grand Prix or whatever track you have run and just copy and paste to the others which are in folders Classic and Combined

takes 20 seconds ( do it before you run game)

Andi

• Informative Informative x 2