Released Spa-Francorchamps

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Christmas came early this year. :)

BTW, was it the 5th or 6th one already this year?

2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    One thing though. This will require some modifications of the current TV cams for the existing tracks, so don't expect to see it done for all the tracks immediately. Hopefully, it won't take too much time but as usual , we'll keep you updated about it ;)

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    On the other side the .cam files are familiar with the old Race07 .cam Files . So its possible to edit them to get own cameras . In Race07 there where some Track (most of them mods) which had really bad cameras. So we edited them and get fine with these :)

Ok i know that u had in Race07 the possibility to load the Track into an 3D Program to get the right coordinates to bring the cam to the right position but if some has time and like to try and test they can fiddle a bit around to get another positions :)

4. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    And it will be possible to manage all that cams in spectator mode too ok?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I added support for spectator mode as well

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    yes, pls fields of vision like this one ...
    2015-08-09_00014.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    A private modder provided these camera angles from the stands at Silverstone (AC), and from Zeppelin. If you watch the video you will see that these camera perspectives can have a charm of their own, but you need a good object density in the track's side environment and good textures, else the deficits in its graphical representation become too apparent, and that can even break the immersion. There are some moments in the film when you will see such artifacts or deficits in the environment. So, doing such cameras in R3E needs some real caution and care being practices. I recall that when Paul Ricard was released and I watched my first replay, there were some camera turns that were extremely impressive and mesmerising, almost pulling you into the action. Also worth to note is the length of some camera angles, how long they last without switching to the next one. I like that.

LINK - video Silvertstone cameras from the stands

Nevertheless, good work by that modder. Maybe S3 should hire him. :) Such stand cameras like in this video could be even more stunning in R3E, since it has the better looking environment graphics, compared to AC (imo).

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  8. dabbidian

dabbidian New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, SPA is released. My favorite track of ever.
    But I cannot agree with the fidelity policy of R3E.
    The price of the track is 549 vRP, and it does not matter if you already spent 500,00 EUR in experiences, tracks, cars...or if this is your first purchase.

Yes I know that if you purchase more items you will get more discounts.. and if you pay with vRP instead EUR is even cheaper... but this is for everybody and again does not mind if you are loyal customer.

In my case, I have almost all tracks. and I am thinking about Paul Ricard and SPA, but this means more than 10 EUR, and I have already spent a lot of money in R3E.
    I think that it would be a good idea give biggers discount to that users that often do purchases.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday evening i had some realy nice races at spa. Excelent work s3. I think that spa is one of the best tracks you have Made.
    I have no performance drops, stable 60fps.
    Well done!
    I can't imagine how good will be the Nordschleife when its done.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Spa and Bathurst are my most favourite tracks at the moment. Waiting for Nordschleife, too.

What I wanted to ask, anybody else forgets to breathe? I noticed that on the long straights I always take a very deep breath, my wife noticed that as well. She's sitting near me. :D

Did I mention that I love it? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I tend to blow out my cheeks when it gets delicate/complicated. :) But as you mention breathing it's essential to breathe in a calm relaxed manner while racing - specially if you do a really long run (30 mins+). Its strange that ppl often hold their breath when confronted with something unexpected or a difficult situation cause thats exactly the wrong way to deal with, cause simply said you block your energy. Folks who have some experience with forms like Yoga/Martial Arts (or professional sports) know this - and Pros in Motorsports have their own coaches (physiotherapists) for things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. felixschwab2004

felixschwab2004 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi ich bräuchte ein Setup für in spa für das Auto BMW M3 GT2 ???

13. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0