Spectator & Broadcast Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Use a second device (Laptop, tablet, etc) for the browser,
    or run game in windowed mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Run the gamein windowed mode,thenyou do not havethe problem.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Will these broadcast type overlays ever be able to be used in single player mode?

4. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mee too

5. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    - Or do is I found better - steer the camera from another computer like your notebook.

6. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Cannot open local host from 2nd device do I need to install anything

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    instead of localhost, you must enter the local IP-Adress of the hosting(1st) device in that 2nd device

For example:
    instead http://localhost:9090/ enter http://192.168.1.1:9090/

You have to look on the device where you've started the Spectator-App, which IP-Adress it got from you router.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Gerson Malty

Gerson Malty Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    We need controls to pause, rewind and Live buttons in Spectador Mode, please!

Help us @mape

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi. 2016-03-06_00001.jpg
    Any hints on how to control this thing?

I only see a static camera view with no options for anything on it.
    Sometimes a car drives by. But thats it.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    you need to control it with a browser. there are no controls for cameras or overlays in the game. if you got this far you are close. you just missed one step.

run the start.bat from the MP spectator folder...
    start.jpg webUI.jpg

then you open a browser(i suggest chrome) and enter the same ip you added to the launch options in the steam settings. if you entered the right ip in the browser, it will say "Joined controller" in the webUIgenerator
    browser.jpg

then you start the game, and find a server in multiplayer. after you load up a server, wait a few seconds, then go to your browser. you should see the cars on the server and the overlays on the right.
    browser2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thx, Tim..

I'll have a look on it tomorrow.

12. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Any steps how to when I want run it on webhosting server?

13. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    [BUG] With the latest patch (30-03-2016), when spectating MP races, the music from the menu keeps playing in the background, overlapping with the other sound fx.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yo guys anyone has some help for me? I can't get that thing running. 3 mates around me have the same issues. It's always saying that the connection has been denyed by my device. But actually I dont know where to give admin rights to the correct app.

So what I can assume is that I need to have the start.bat running. But if I double click it, it's just running the batch but it instantly stops or disapears better said. The worst thing is that we want to start our league for today and now we dont know what's wrong. Any dev? Anyone with some knowledge? Feel free to add me on steam "PropagandaBinat" If we find a solution I will post it then. But for now I am out of ideas.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  15. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    [BUG] Started spectating our empty Server (for 1st round of race champ) as cars weren't there yet and started Shadowplay. Once race was ended I discovered that the spectator mode never showed the cars on track so it basically recorded 30 minutes of empty server.
    Why did that happen?
    note: the server spectated was the correct one

16. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    What a great tool. Thanks a lot for this.

After editing the supplied DTM theme to my needs we had a great public test race on our newly rent dedicated server (powered by Rackservice.org that delivers a real good service to a reasonable price) with the fantastic WTCC 2015 cars at Brands Hatch.

I used the last (alpha) version of OBS Studio that I ran together with a second instance (Free2Play basic version of R3E in spectator mode) to stream the event broadcast and, besides that the menu music was playing in the background despite that I had turned the volume all down, it delivered a great show - and the autodirector mode worked like charme.:):cool::D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We had some real big issues today. After fixing the installation by reopening the folder with some other tool then good ol' winrar, our server crashed completly. First I couldn't connect to our gameserver with the tools activated. Second we got an unexpected disconnect, even in our leauge rules is said "you are not allowed to leave the league race" but in the end if the router crashes you can predict it.

So we got all the random datastuff, no times, nothing. So I had to commentate all the race with an 5-10 sec delay over twitch, while the overlay randomly showed wrong data!

I dont know what takes your energy, but I think r3e needs this tool massively. At least in Germany there were grown some communities with the idea of having some kind of tool. After the latest update was at december 15, you should really really force the issue now. Because this random data s**t is almost the only thing that have to be fixed at first. And then we could bring our formats even with some struggle, but we could. So r3e would have a big bonus out of it because it's gets popular. Nvm I really hope I could bring the overlay a bit more back in the development discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  18. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I have to second this. And I am not sure if Sector3 is aware what a gem they have at hand.

Just give functionalities like this a little more improvement in matter of stability and you will rock the simracing scene.

This plus a modern 3D-Engine, capable of DX11 or better DX12, day/night- and weather-cycles plus the race simulation and driving physics base you still have, a capable multiplayer server system with advanced management possibilities to configure, manage and evaluate races - and the competitors will have a hard time to keep up with you :cool: ...

just dreaming :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Chris Stevens

Chris Stevens New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    upload_2016-8-12_20-2-21.png
    Tried to use spectator mode and this is what comes up. Any help appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. PresidentSmug

PresidentSmug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0 / -0
    Hi I've got the spectator and broadcasting working. It's very impressive. I've noticed that some of the cameras like the cockpit and dash are not working for me. Is there something that i need to do to get these to work or is it not functioning at the moment?