Question Standard HUD chopped off in VR

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by EsxPaul, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I've just switched over to some new peripherals and upon firing up the game for the first time since these changes, the right hand side of the standard HUD seems to be chopped off in VR.

When I look to the right of the HUD, it only extends far enough for me to see the 2 left hand tyre wear markers. Anything to the right of that is gone so I can't see the right hand tyre markers for example.

I've never had this issue before and it has only appeared after me changing hardware (motor, rim & pedals) so I thought I should mention it.

Any ideas on how I can reset/re centre the standard HUD so I can see all of the information?

Thanks.

2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You have to assign a button so that you can re arrange those HUD Items

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Ok, thanks. I did see that in the menus but I thought that was introduced for those that use the new HUD with moveable elements.

What I need to do is move the complete, whole standard HUD completely to the left.

Is that still possible?

4. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    @FormelLMS Thank you for the help. That fixed the issue for me :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. [RWB] FxUK

[RWB] FxUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    The cause is probably that the game changed the monitor resolution, although you can't adjust this in VR, if you load the game outside of vr, then set 1920x1080, the VR Hud / overlay uses this resolution. Obviously the 3D rendered image doesn't when in VR.

I get it now and again when moving from my 144hz screens to my 60hz one, it reconfigures itself to something like 1024 x 768 60hz
    Of course, now you can move hud elements (like above) its less of an issue, but some things are not moveable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. EsxPaul

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Giving it some more thought, I did fire it up in 2d mode so I could mess around setting my wheelbase up without the ballache of taking the hmd on and off.

That's what must have changed things around before I went back into vr.

Cheers :)