Question Starting 32 bit version by shortcut / command line

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by soeren_b74, Feb 5, 2018.

1. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

is there any possibility to start 32 bit version of R3E by shortcut / command line, or is it just possible by running from steam? Starting the RRRE.exe does not solve the problem.

Cheers,
    Soeren

2. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    You have to execute this file "RRRE.exe".
    You go to the folder where R3E is installed (steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game) and you create a shortcut of "RRRE.exe"

3. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    As I already mentioned, I did but it still executes the 64 bit version...

4. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Strange the x64 executable is "RRRE64.exe"
    and X86 is RRRE.exe

The files are not in the same Folder ....

5. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Does it work on your PC?

6. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes perfect !

"X:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\RRRE.exe"

X is the letter where is R3E

And the folder can be different ;)

7. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Strange. Do you have steam in the startup folder? So is steam open if you start R3E?

8. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Sorry don't understand your question

9. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Is steam already open, when you execute RRRE.exe or is steam started after you have executed RRRE.exe?

10. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    It's very strange yesterday it work and today don't work !!!!
    I had tested it yesterday oops and he was working

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    You can only start the 32bit version via Steam, go to your library right click Raceroom, click 32bit version.

12. miche34

miche34 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Yes obliged to see but before it worked
    I just realized!

13. soeren_b74

soeren_b74 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks! :)

14. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but an interesting thing I've recently encountered:

I never understood why people were asking for a specific way to start the 32bit executable, since just running the corresponding .exe file was always enough for me - RRRE.exe started the 32bit version, while RRRE64.exe started the 64bit version. I was not aware of doing anything to achieve this, it just worked like this for me.

Well, I've done a complete Raceroom reinstall last week...and ever since, both of the .exe files start the 64bit version, just like it was described by many. I am once again not aware of any changes apart from reinstalling the game, I've tried to make it work how it used to, checked the profile and other files and all that stuff but I just can't. (Which is a shame, since I have some intermittent graphic issues with the 64bit version.)

Any explanation for what happened? Why can I no longer start the 32bit version just by running RRRE.exe like I could before the game reinstall?

15. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Whoa, and now, out of a sudden, I noticed I can once again start the 32bit version just by running the 32bit .exe file, without really changing anything regarding Steam or the game o_O

16. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Clicking on the 32bit exe don't work for me. :( As soon as the game starts RRRE64.exe appears in task manager.

17. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I truly wish I knew what changed between last week and now to make this work again. I'm just stumped, I seriously can't think of anything that could be related to this o_O

18. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    So, resurrecting the old thread once again...as I have, while troubleshooting an entirely different issue, finally figured out why I was able to simply run either the 32bit or 64bit executable to run the respective version of the game, while others were not. (And I like to follow through with solutions even for older threads if/when I find them.)

The answer is...I had a steam_appid.txt file in the Raceroom base folder, containing the Steam ID of Raceroom. It is apparently a documented feature of Steam API, one that I wasn't aware of at all. I also have no idea how the file got there - I don't remember putting it there at all, but I guess it's possible it was either part of an older installation and I unwittingly carried it over to newer installations somehow, or it was possibly put there by some third party utility/application (like SRS, for example?). It would also explain my previous post, as it's likely that what has changed between the two instances I mentioned was I probably copied over some stuff from the old installation to the new one and included this file in it for some reason, unaware of what it does.

Anyway, be aware that while the file does allow you to run either game version directly via the corresponding executable, it does create other issues - the reason I found the file was I was trying to troubleshoot the JustRace client not being able to run a webhud, the necessary launch parameters were simply not handed over to the game with this file present. So I wouldn't recommend this as a solution to use for launching the game via shortcut.