Bug Starting race in AI car?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AMarkham40, Jun 3, 2015.

1. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I just fired up RaceRoom for the first time since the latest patch & went to run a quick race at the Sonoma WTCC layout with the GTR2 cars. Practice went fine but I just skipped qualifying so I would start in the back. When the race began I was in an AI car instead of mine. I had to use the "+,-" keys to find my car but by then the race has already started & my car is crashed into the wall.

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Same here in the SR9 at Laustiz and has been reported. I'm sure it is being worked on..

3. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I've been able to duplicate this every time by picking 19 AI and starting at 20th. Race will start in the 1st car. I used the GT2 Ruf on several Sonoma layouts as well as the Raceroom GP layout. When I choose to start at 10th or with 15 AI, it started normally.

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I've got some weirdness going on with this and it just started happening about an hour ago. It's happened with every track and every series I've tried racing with. It puts me in a different car and then once I finally get back to my car, all the other cars are ghost images. It's also putting the same driver in for 6 or 7 slots in a race. I've verified my game files and it just started occurring today. It started with Shanghai but has now moved to other tracks as well,

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think I fixed this one myself. Will test it further in a bit to be sure. I changed the amount of visible cars to something other than 24 under graphics options and when I switched it back I was in my own car for three or four races in a row.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I just played a single player race at Shanghai, on the first lap probably close to turn 3 I noticed an AI car ahead of me went airborne. Puzzled, I immediately pulled up the replay and discovered something strange.

AI car #1 did not take off at the start and started ghosting when the other cars drove through it. Then around turn 2 it reappeared towards the front but then caused the current leader to ghost and disappear. This then happened again which caused the previously mentioned car to go airborne. I wonder if this was related to the same AI issue since it started with AI #1?

7. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Was able to duplicate it again, choosing G5 Fab car, 15 AI starting at 16th Shanghai GP layout. Once again AI#1 did not take off at start and then reappeared around turn 2 or 3 making another AI disappear.

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    By the way, it's not a solution to the bug, but if you need to find your car you can press 'enter' on the numeric pad and it will take you to it. Old gMotor trick there ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Are you sure you didn't choose "rolling start" for start mode in the Single Race Settings?

If you are in rolling start the car starts in AI control and player control is given once you cross the Start line.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Sonat for mine, it rolling started in an AI car and even said "under player control" but I had no control of the AI car the camera was on.

11. Cristiano de Sá

Cristiano de Sá Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Same bug here, GTR 2 at Indianapolis. When I go to race, the view point is a AI car, not my car.

12. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Sometimes when I Pause, .. and then Resume, .. I'm in an AI car, .. but, obviously have no control.

Also, .. sometimes when I stop a Race, .. and then Restart, .. I end up in an AI Car.

I think this is all related to the other issue that I've been experiencing, and commented on in a seperate thread. i.e. when I Pause, and then Resume, .. I end up on a different part of the Track, with the car stopped, and in Neutral, .. or, I might end up in the Pits (although this seems track dependent).

Weird and mysterious goings on indeed .. o_O

Cheers
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  13. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I have tried standing & rolling starts. I just downloaded the WTCC14 pack & tried standing starts at Sonoma. When I go to the race I am placed in the 1st place car. I then have to quickly find my car before the green light goes out. I have not been qualifying just going straight to the race & starting last. Not sure if qualifying would make a difference.

14. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It could happen start of any session for me not just race. SR9 at Laustiz

15. Cristiano de Sá

Cristiano de Sá Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I tried to race again with WTCC at Suzuka, and the problem persists. This is frustrating. Happens after pause and resume, or when restart race, always in AI car.

16. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem with ending up in AI car all count of versions, about the ghosting cars in replay and when you are driving a race I solved that one. You need to have the same amount of car visible in setings as on track, then there are no ghosting cars. But if you lower that to less car visible in seting that's on the track you get wierd ghosting and AI jumping all over the place... :p

I did notice something ellse I seen and experienced before, even before the patch so it is nothing new. It is the magentic attractions between cars that are to close OR bump in to each other, it is doing some wierd shit to the handling sometime and make it almost imposible to drive past a car OR a AI driver when that happen. You get stuck to him for a sec. or twoo sometime less and that is enough to end up in the railing and race is over.. :( It happen between AI drivers to, I've seen that they are close but don't touch and still one of them sudenly fly of the track like it been ramed by a unstoppable train.. Then comes the recovering AI back on track with in 5 sec as nothing happens.. If that happen to me I would been out of the race with to much damage, it would seem that the damage do not apply to the AI drivers...!?

Racing is about coming first yes but this kind of racing that is in RRRE is not demolition derby normaly you try as hard you can to avoid touching other cars cos you get damages and might have to forfit the race. But yea it happens that there is some bumping and pushing cos everyone want to come first I understand that. But to what cost!! Driving like mad max do not make you win races and for the AI it is alot better now even on 105% they are realy touch but not unbeatable, so there been alot of good improvement. I wish there would be more in all categories rather than see more tracks and cars available to buy before it is done...
    I am a buyer I got almost everything now and still will be buying more but there are a lot of small buggs that is realy iritating, that they don't get fixed..
    Would be awesome if it get fixed. :D part from that, keep up the good work ;) RRRE ROCK!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  17. Cristiano de Sá

Cristiano de Sá Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Very well noticed, Mich. I tested here, and really, if I put more visible cars on the video options, the problem disappears.
    Thank you so much. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    You're welcome ;)

• Like Like x 1