STCC in R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ty Duff, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there is something in the works with regards to some nordic content?

I was reading some old threads and many people have asked after nordic content and there is never any response.

For some reason they were at a swedish track recently (see here) and in the last devstream they said it didn't take long to make the STCC tracks compared to say macau.

Previously v8 supercars were confirmed as at least ford and VOLVO so I presume talks with polestar...

Of course they are based in Sweden and simbin put out two great stock games.

Can I speculate on STCC3 (or am I behind the times)?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes please! The STCC cars look wonderful and many a good time was had around the STCC tracks.... pleeeeease S3:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Hell yeah. Bring on the Dacia!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Revvin

Revvin Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    STCC content would be great, I found the original games really refreshing as I was a little ignorant of some of the great tracks in Sweden because most racing games always use the usual groups of tracks, Monza, Brand Hatch, Silverstone, Spa etc. and so it was nice to learn to race on some new tracks and I particularly enjoyed Mantorp. I'd buy STCC for R3E in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    For those who don't know what kinda cars STCC are running now. The (Scandinavian) STCC was formed in 2011 when it took over from the (Danish) DTCC and the (Swedish) STCC. It used the old WTCC regulations for 2011 and 2012 (BMW 320si, SEAT León etc). In 2013 the STCC merged with the Racing Elite League. From that point the STCC has been using the TTA – Racing Elite League silhouette regulations. Remember the WTCC Extreme class from Race07? It's kinda like that! I don't know the actual regulations but the Volvo is rocking a 420-horsepower V6. That combined with a nice widebody downforce package surely provides some nice action. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  6. Elva

Elva Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    We already have modern touring cars. What we need now is late 90's Super Touring. Kinda what they did with DTM 1992!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    @Elva.... YES YES YES and YES again! My god, i would quite literally pay anything anyone wishes to charge for a BTCC '95 - 00 pack in RaceRoom. These cars are/were the best (imho) racing cars man has ever devised... I remember these first time round (Donnington Park 1994 was my first "live" race) and I was lucky enough to be at Oulton last year for the BTCC with these supporting. They remain awesome!
    On a side note, i remember having a quick chat with Tarquini in 94 (driving the Alfa) and asking him never to retire.. that was 21 years ago and he's still a works driver in the WTCC (and one of the best).. good lad, looks like he listened! :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah, sorry to be off topic here, but can anyone direct me to where i can get a stream (doesn't have to be live) of the STCC with English commentary please? I've been trying for ages and haven't had any luck.. :(

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    There's a very good STCC 2015 mod for Race 07 that's in beta over at RD and at No Grip. Might quench that thirst till STCC is a reality in this game.

10. Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I must admit, that (and SuperTouring98) tempted me to re install Race07 for a while... then a gave in and double clicked the RRE logo and forgot.. :)

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    An STCC pack with all the scandinavian tracks from Race 07 is one of my most anticipated content in R3E!!
    So, yes please!! :D