Steam and RRRE account

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ExiaRS, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I got the following* notification in the evening.

Does it mean that RRRE is finally permanently added to our Steam Library or not?

I ask because if you purchase any DLC for F2P game on Steam it's permanently added to your Steam Library and for some strange reason that wasn't case with RRRE.

[​IMG]

2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi ExiaRS,

This message let's you know that the DLC you purchased is about to be bound to your R3E account (e.g. if you log in with any other R3E account on the same Steam account, it won't include the DLC).

It also means that you cannot use the "Switch Account" functionality found in the Account settings. It will become greyed out for you.

Basically this is the last warning letting you know that you should make sure you log in with the correct account because the DLC you purchased in Steam will bind to that account forever.

3. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I understand that. I just hope this also mean that RRRE is permanently part of Steam Library.

I have Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, The Lord of the Rings Online and Tribes Ascend (all F2P games) permanently tied to my Steam Library because I bought DLCs for them in Steam Store but that wasn't case with RRRE. Hence my question but according to your additional explanation, I think now it should.

Another reason. When game was removed from Steam Store, nobody could install it (except using SteamDB install link) because game wasn't in the Library even at least one DLC was bought in Steam Store and that should never happen. Old Simbin games are removed from Steam Store but they are part of the my Library just like every other removed game.

4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Anyone who had it already in their library could install it. This only affected new users who would need to access it via the store page. And as you mentioned the DB link worked even for new users.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. ExiaRS

ExiaRS Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure because at least one guy in Steam community forum said game was missing from his Library even he bought DLC and that should never happen. But maybe he didn't bought DLC from Steam Store. That I don't know.