Question Steering Help.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Neil Bateman, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hi all.

I am really struggling to set up my G27 wheel, my main problem seems to be degrees of rotation and steering lock, I have 900 degrees in the profiler and leave all the in game steering settings at default.
    I don't normally have the wheel showing in game but i turned it on in the Z4 today and almost every corner it reaches full lock even though I barely reach the 90 degree point on my wheel, every time I brake and start turning I lose the back end, almost like I am turning the wheel too far for each corner, I don't know how best to explain it other than I get too much reaction from the car with very little input on the wheel.
    I thought if I change the degrees of rotation and steering lock in game this would make a difference but it does not seem to change anything. We all know how important it is to get your wheel settings right because if your wheel feels wrong your driving suffers.
    Can anyone who is using a G27 post all of their in game settings, based on using 900 degrees in the profiler, and also does anyone change the degrees of rotation and steering lock settings per car in the set up screen or do you leave them at default.
    Any help would be very much appreciated, I love this game but at the moment I have completely lost the ability to drive and cannot seem to work out why.

2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    At the risk of stating the obvious, you did update the drivers to the March 2016 ones, right?
    Haven't used my G27 in ages, but AFAIK the drivers allow software-based automatic wheel-lock.

3. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reply, in fact I decided to do a complete uninstall and re install of all things Logitech related, one problem I was having was now and then my g27 was replaced by some other wheel in the profiler, not sure if that was related in anyway but after purging my system of drivers and whatnot and starting afresh all seems to be a lot better.
    Having said that it would be great if someone could share some settings as I still cant seem to get a nice feeling from the wheel while driving, there are so many things you can change but whenever i have tried it never really makes things better so i am stuck with default.

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Out of curiosity, when you say you did a complete uninstall and re-install... did you download any current drivers off the Logitech website and install those, or did you just re-install an old driver download? If you downloaded any Logitech drivers from Oct. 2016 to current, they may be broken. Logitech seemingly did a silent update to their downloads page and hopelessly broke the drivers. If you are using old drivers from before that date, you should be fine and this is irrelevant.

As for settings... You can check out this post I made recently at Race Dept - click. It contains a download for my G27 controller profile which you can download and place in a folder inside your "my documents" folder, explained further in that link.

It contains all my FFB settings and control tweaks I have made and you may find you like using them. Those settings havent changed much at all since I first started using them a bit more than a year ago when all that new FFB stuff was in testing and being released.

No harm in trying it since it doesnt overwrite your existing controller profiles, and you can easily select between different profiles in game. Only thing to note is that it includes all of my custom keybinds, so take a look at those before you get going and remap the keys to your liking.

If that can help you, Im glad, and if not, leave a comment and I can try offering some suggested ranges for some of the FFB settings.

Lastly, in combination with the above FFB settings in game... these are my Logitech profiler settings that I recommend using. (click picture to enlarge)

R3E live logi profiler settings.PNG

Cheers

Edit: including my control profile here for ease of download if you decide to try it. Drop in: My Documents/My Games/SimBin/R3E/User Data/Control Set

Attached Files:

5. Neil Bateman

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thank you nate, the download this time was from logitech site dated march 2016 but the last drivers i used were from a link saying "latest drivers" which looks like they were not the march ones.
    I will check out your settings after work today but thanks a lot for your help, very surprised about win 10 auto updating all your drivers, I will also find that setting and disable it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017