Problem Steering Problem (Thrustmaster Wheel)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SewerShark, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SewerShark

SewerShark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, what's up?
    I'm new to the game, and to the forums, so It may just be something stupid in my end of things but, I'm having this weird problem.
    You see, I'm using a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 (non-FFB). Yes, I know, not a very sim-like wheel, but that's what I got so far. The thing is, I was trying the game and all and, for some reason, after a while, the car steers to the right by itself. I thought I broke the steering bar or something, so I restarted the run. guess what? The car was turning right from the starting line.
    I quit the game, ran a calibration tool, restarted, and it was all good until it happened again. The thing is, in the wheel setup, the axis is fine, the problem is in-game. Ans changing cars does not resolve.

Any ideas?
    Thank in advance.

2. SewerShark

SewerShark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem again, exiting the pit stop. I haven't hit anything. A few seconds in the game and the wheel stop responding. It's only the wheel, the pedals and paddle shifters work, and the wheel responds to the key config window. It's just in-game, inside the car.

Edit: It seems when I go over a certain angle, the game stop reading the wheel for some reason. I noticed that when I change controller profiles, it goes back to normal

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  3. Mike Roller

Mike Roller New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Use the Thrustmaster-Driver?

4. twinrix

twinrix Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    New to Raceroom today, got the same problem with my logitech G920 here. In the settings the steering is working as intended, in game the wheel turns to the right all the time. You have to fight against the wheel so to say. Wasnt able to fix it yet.

*edit*: If i turn Force Feedback off in the options then the wheel spin to the right stops. Gotta tinker with it tomorrow, works calling. If anyone got an idea how to fix that i would be greatfull!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    logitech should be set to reverse ffb , the thrustmqsters the oposite

Andi

6. twinrix

twinrix Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi. Yes, it is set to reverse ffb. Still the same problem.

Seems that the ffb isnt working at all. Fought the right steering a bit and tried to drive some, hopped over curbs, crashed, no ffb whatsoever

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019