Steering weight when static

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ravey1981, Jun 24, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have just "upgraded" from a g27 to a t300 and I am now missing the weight in the wheel when static in the pits for example. I have got settings otherwise very good after a couple of hours of faffing. It just feels wrong to be able to turn the wheel with my little finger, especially in cars like the f90. When out on track moving wheel weight feels fine.

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    It's a known bug and they'll working on it. I think it was discussed in the May update thread.
    BTW, good choice with the T300. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ok that's good to hear. Yes I'm quite pleased with it, stronger than the g27 and less of the small detail is lost but it's not a massive step up. I think the g27 is an underrated wheel, yes it's noisy and a bit unrefined compared to newer wheels but it does a very very good job for the money you can get them for 2nd hand now. I've had mine over 10 years and it's been bombproof. The downsides to the t300 are the fan noise and size of the case (can't mount my dash on top of it like the g27). I feel I still have some way to go dialing the settings in for it but it should do me for a while now.

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    A resolve for this may or may not be in the works ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well that's great to hear, maybe....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    G27 is a very good wheel for the price, especially when you consider that you get metal pedals with a clutch and an h-box included without any extra cost! I also have a T300 now but still use my modified G27 pedals and h-box, both still working fine after nearly ten years. I personally think that the fan noise is much preferable to the horrendous G-series rattle, even more so since I race in VR and can't hear the fan with my headset on anyway. The T300 is a definite upgrade in my opinion, but that's not taking anything away from the G27. I still keep it around as a backup.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Same, still using my modded g27 pedals, with a load cell in them they are great. Didn't even get the thrust master pedals out of the box!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I had a similar issue with a Fanatec wheel base. Then I build this:

[​IMG]

The fan is connected to the wires from one of the Fanatec fans and can be controlled by the wheel base. The whole thing is completely silent now. Looks like ass, I know. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've seen several fan mods for the t300 but since I can't even remove the casing without voiding the warranty there's nothing I can do for now. I can't hear it when I'm racing as I have headphones.