STEERING WHEEL POSITION - Modders take Note

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M D Gourley, Apr 22, 2016.

1. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,
    Just purchased the GTO pack (although I had the Audi 90 already) and I am very happy as always with Sector 3s' R3E, and having all the content to date.
    The Steering Wheel position on some cars could be improved with the positioning of the steering wheel
    The GTO pack Audi 90 is great when you position the steering wheel so you can see the dash dials through the wheel...the Mustang when adjusting the seating to get the dash dials visible through the wheel means you are sitting to low...when adjusting the Nissan seating position to get the dash dials visible through the wheel you can hardly see over the dash board...I could be wrong, but this seating position surely can not be correct.
    This is a personal preference as I like to have the steering wheel and hands visible and although I have tried without wheel and hands and adjusted cockpit to correct FOV for my triple screen set up...I still prefer the wheel and hand FOV.
    This is unfortunately a small problem in many Sims and only on selected vehicles that I hope the Modelers may take care on in the future....:):)......just a little gripe...LOL:D
    Below attached are cockpit screenshots of GTO cars in question...hopefully I attached them correctly

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    This is exactly why almost every other race game has the third Axis of adjustment in cockpit view.
    Namely the ability to tilt the seat.
    I hope they can add this in RRE soon.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking the time to reply rd.king...the 'tilt' or 'pitch' seat adjustment option would be great.. I have 'project Cars and Assetto Corsa and they have it...but it does not help in extreme cases like the above 'Nissan 300' cockpit image as the steering wheel is to low down to start with....it needs to be corrected or care taken at the modelling stage.

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dont hold your breath on the modders fixing anything fast, but if you wanted to edit a camera its fairly simple.
    Go to SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars pick your car and view and edit.
    Use the guide to find your rotation.
    [​IMG]

5. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info 'Not Lifting Off'...it looks a bit complicated for an old guy like me....all I do now is not bothering to drive that particular car and use others that do have the steering wheel and dash dials aligned nicely...I have plenty of other vehicles and Sims to choose from so I can afford to be pickey...LOL

6. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Excited to finally get the Bentley and even though I have all content in R3E, I decided just to purchase the entire ADAC GT masters 2015 pack as it was only $5.81..what a bargain....BUT, as this thread indicates, that steering wheel position rears it's ugly head again and also adding to the problem the wheel looks off centre or the Dash readout is off centre...and if that's not enough the Corvettes' steering wheel is off centre to the left as well, ( well...it's been off centre for a long time in other packs)...oh, well...never mind, the pack was cheap as chips, and I can not expect everything to be perfect... the great thing is all cars in R3E SOUND ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.:D
    Just a friendly rant...lol:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I gave the Bentley a few test drives, but I can't get the cockpit view right for me on my triple screen setup.
    I always have wheel and drivers arms disabled, but I like to see the display while driving. If that is set right, I can't see (much) of the track.
    Kind of spoils the fun driving that car and I did not buy it yet for this reason.

So yes: one more vote for pitch seat adjustment like PCars (control mapped to a button or key).
    AC also has it, but only possible to change in the menu, which is not very handy...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. M D Gourley

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Having a 'Pitch Seat Adjustment' would be nice, but as I mentioned above, it does not help that much when the steering wheel is set to low in the cockpit...based on the experience I have had with AC and pCARS trying to get it right.....not to worry though, plenty of other cars:D