Still no rumble with gamepad controllers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by masfa, Jun 19, 2019.

1. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Helo Simracers

I'm new to RaceRoom and loving it!!!

The thing is...
    I've been trying to enable my gamepad rumble to fell curbs (particularly), and after trying all that I could think and/or read about, haven't been able to make it work...
    My control works just fine in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and F1 2018. but in RaceRoom, after using steam overlay and no-steam overlay, x360ce emulator and no-x360ce emulator and even trying to get an answer through RaceRoom support link in the official site, I haven't had any success so far.

Is anyone else struggling with the same problem? Is there a solution or workaround it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Race on :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Rumble with Xbox 360 and Xbox One gamepads works for me. What gamepad do you use?

3. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello Ablaze
    I'm using a USB Vibration Joystick (BM), which is compatible with PC and PS3, both digital and analog modes.
    I've tried all the possible combinations and solutions I've googled so far and no luck. Really don't see what I'm missing...

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Used to use a PS4 controller, natively supported through steam. All rumble and lights work as they should.

5. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi ravey1981
    Steam detects my gamepad as a PlayStation3 controller. However, even using the steam overlay, the rumble effect doesn't work...
    In game, it appears as Steam Controller, but doesn't work. Maybe there is some so,so, so litlle trick I'm missing?

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think it's because you are emulating a 360 pad. PS3 aren't natively supported, that's why I bought the PS4 pad. Prior to that I used a wired Xbox 360 controller. Do you get rumble in other games?

7. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I do: Assetto Corsa (which was a surprise), Project Cars 2 (no problem) anf F1 2018...
    That's why I think I'm missing something. It doen't make sense, really :)

P.S. I also tried the steam's X360 and generic gamepad overlays. No luck

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hmm not sure then, I think you can get steam to recognise the controller as either generic, playstation or Xbox via a tick list in controller options. Maybe try other options?

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think you might be suffering the same issue I found a while back.
    Is your controller a direct-input device (in contrast to X-input)?
    Is the FFB menu greyed out for you in the controller options?

If so, it's a known bug and I've reported it already. If you have a device which lets you switch between direct-input and X-input, try setting it to x-input.

10. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply Christian

In F1 2018, i I made it work after discovering that there was a bug: disabling trigger rumble I was able to make the gamepad rumble work.
    In what concernes my gamepad, it seems to work with xinput, since it works like a charm in project Cars 2 and even Assetto Corsa.
    I'm, at this point, trying to make sure that NET Framework is fully enabled.

11. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello again Christian
    If I use my gamepad without steam overlay, the game recognizes it, but with ffb greyed out (as you mention), until I map the controls;
    Then ffb is enabled, but rumble doesn't work, though (I had tried it before)...
    (Neither it works with any of the other overlay options).
    As I said, there's nothing else I can think of that may make it work; seems I won't have rumble or I need a new controller; although it works fine with other games...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  12. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    With my steam controller profile i dont get rumble either. So i have it (steam control profile) disabled. Im using gamecube controller with a mayflash adapter. Just used manual bindings ingame.

13. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info MattYKee
    That's kind of I'm doing with my gamepad (wich has vibration working in windows system check and other games), however in my case, rumble simply doesn't work :mad:

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. masfa

masfa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OK, I GIVE UP!!! NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK :confused: THERE'S GOT BE SOME SORT OF F#$#*** GLITCH.
    See you guys. Thanks for the feedback.

Race on :)

15. Andrew Przelucki

Andrew Przelucki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. I install all the x86 and x68 packages they offer, because older games depend on these packages. I couldn't get rumble to work with my Bluetooth or USB dongle gamepads until I installed the Visual C++ Redistributables (get both 32 bit and 64 bit). Only installing the gamepad driver is not enough. The Windows gamepad settings show all the settings, including rumble, but you need the Visual C++ libraries for it to work in games.

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    What version? There are various ones starting from 8.0.

17. Andrew Przelucki

Andrew Przelucki New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I install all available, both x86 and x64, because older 32bit games need 32 bit libs. I'm doing this since Windows 10 and now on Windows 11. I just installed Windows again, in my archives I noted to install the 2015-2019 version (first on top), so that worked in the past. Now I just installed every available package, including the old ones, because I remembered that older games needed these libs and I also was frustrated by the lack of support in them.

• Informative Informative x 1