Bug stop and go doesn't register

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by SunnySunday, Dec 24, 2017.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I'm not 100% this is a bug, but I just did a 30 min gt3 race at spa. And first of all, I got an stop and go penalty for overtaking during yellow flag, which I also got very confused about, since I patiently waited until I got a green flag before passing. But regardless I also tried to stop and go but my penalty never went away ultimately leading to my disqualification of the race. Very annoying. So either I did the stop and go incorrectly (I was still in first gear, but was standing completely still before hitting the throttle again), or this was a bug in which the game never registered my stop. Anyone else having this issue?

2. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Ok I can now confirm that this is in fact a bug. Provoked another stop and go penalty and it is impossible to serve the penalty. Stopped several times, for like 5 seconds standstill, even tried to pit stop but still got disqualified. Only tried at spa with porsche gt3 R so far.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When you pull into the pits to serve the stop & go penalty, you need to select the option in the pit menu and confirm the choice. Otherwise it wont register as being served.

Did you do this?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    hm, I might of missed that. Firstly i might be used to assetto corsa's system of stop and go, which is simply what it sounds like. You stop the car, and then go again. I thought this was the same. So if it is like you say, then it's probably not a bug but a user fault. I'll try again to confirm

• Like Like x 1
  5. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Okay yes just tried what you said and you are correct, my bad. It works as intended.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for trying that to find out.

I agree it is a bit confusing and not entirely clear. Personally, I would like to see that pit menu revamped to allow for making your pit decisions a lot easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1