STOP DEDUCTING INSANE AMOUNTS OF REP IN RANKED FOR SMALL REASONS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArgSpelare, May 4, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Do you guys have anything to back up your assumptions? "That's because you must've qualified too bad", "That's because you must've qualified too good". Looks like you were just looking for an excuse to shift the blame on the guy and ignore his point simply because he was too emotional.

But no matter the emotions his point is valid and there was a similar thread just a few days ago: do you really deserve a full penalty between qual end and race start? Especially when server disconnects do happen, albeit rarely.

Regarding "You quit because of bad qualification". Since in this game your multiplayer qual ends on timer and doesn't wait for people to finish their fast laps, most of the time you know your qual results before it ends and you can quit penalty-free. Even if you did it deliberately because of bad results - still penalty-free.

I think it's pretty reasonable not to assign penalty (or at least not a full one) before the race starts. Or before the countdown. Or before you press "Race".

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Welcome on board...
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-session-between-quali-and-race-ranked.16849/

The issue doesn't seems to rise concerns...

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    As the original poster doesnt wish me to collect evidence to prove the problem with the system , (which is in beta still and there are tweaks going on to change things in the background quite often) i see no further purpose to this thread and will close it this evening ....
    Also a little heads up , moderators arent paid , we are here because we want to help and are also beta testers so we can check your issues against a few test builds to see if there is already a fix , but in this thread the posts from the person who started the thread have been angry , rude , aggressive and speaking for myself it makes me want to just ignore it .... i asked earlier to pull it back a bit but nope

So ill close it tonight

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ArgSpelare

ArgSpelare New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know you wanted to collect evidence. To be honest I still quite don't understand what it exactly means and how that would help. But I understand you want to help, and maybe I don't need to say this but I'm not putting the blame on you.

Also, I was angry when I wrote the original post, but I haven't been rude to anyone, nor aggressive in my responses. You can perhaps check my responses and any potential edits. But I definitely have a right to be angry at being penalized way too harshly.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for a calmer answer , id still really like a link to your rr profile page

Andi

6. ArgSpelare

ArgSpelare New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. ArgSpelare

ArgSpelare New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin Send me a conversation, for some reason it says I'm not allowed to view my own profile, or send you a pm.

8. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    OK, so I`ve changed my opinion o_O.
    I had 3 random disconnects in 4 races, plus a couple of unavoidable shunts. I lost 20 rep, so off I went to Stowe to try and restore them. I had no more than 4 incidents in any of the races, including one race where I had a single incident.
    I gained no more than 2 reputation per race, meaning I need ten completely clean races to get back where I was. Even one disconnect will send me tumbling backwards again.
    Fair enough, it`s easy at Stowe: there are usually not many cars, so start at the back and let everyone go. There are always crashes in front so it`s simple enough to gain places. All you have to do is stay on the track and you won`t gain any IPs.

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sounds about right to me? So it takes roughly twice as many races to regain it as I'd does to lose it? If it were 1 for 1 a player could behave badly and then clean up in the next race. While disconnects feel unfair we all know the reason behind the penalty for that and i can't see that changing.

10. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Not really, now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago as the OP where I suddenly realised I did not have time to complete the race (had to go somewhere & doesn't time fly when you are having fun) so quit after qualifying & before going to the grid. I lost 9 rep points which took 11 fairly clean races to recover. Have learnt not to do that again!!!

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    But you can't join in Quali, so if you don't punish people for leaving you're just going to end up with a small amount racing. Lol is not a racing game so how you use this as a example is weird. Choose another racing title that gets this right? The problem is the very low percentage that would abuse the system still makes too many assholes out there, fairness is given up through expense in both money and cpu/gpu usage. You want an iRansom system, pay iRansom prices, even though, saying that iRansom uses the same ELO system I believe, just backed up with paid stewards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    What about if we get a note from our ISP? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    As things are at the moment you can leave during quali without any penalty. Its just as soon as the timer hits 0 in quali that youre no longer allowed to leave. From my (somewhat limited) experience that doesnt lead to small fields tho, maybe one or two guys will leave during quali but thats it

14. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    ^^Are u sure about leaving quali before it ends ? i wouldn't like to try it just to find out i got -20 REP :)
    As for the OP, i agree that penalty for leaving race/quali is too harsh. After 2 occasions where i got total-loss during races (not my fault, got hit from behined) and quit, I realize i got penalize -20REP at one and -10REP at the other.
    And that led me to think twice before entering ranked servers... will i get out of this race alive ? :) Open-wheelers are the races to avoid for me, as there is too much risk of getting totaled.

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont wanna be responsible for you trying it and finding out that in fact there is a penalty for that but im 99% sure

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You do not get penalised if you quit qually before the counter goes to 0 or if you get DSQ for reaching penalty limit. Tried and tested.

You should not get penalised at all until the race actually starts (lights go to green) as there are too many technical glitches with servers that can kick you or not cycle through or you just don´t want to start the race for whatever reason. It is not a rage quit in that case so there is no good reason to have it like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    You aren't punished for leaving quali.

Uhm... None of that is related to the topic.

18. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Now I've experienced both, I've left Quali and lost nothing, yet, I had a ping spike qualifying and got booted and it cost me ranking (can't remember which got hit though). I think it is supposed to be penalty free but on occasion it does seem to forget this.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. amg_aku

amg_aku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just my .02 about this: checking my profile page and comparing races and their numbers, my sensation is the gain/loss rep points rule is not well balanced.

PS: 7th and 9th, Friday & Sunday were horrible days with drivers winning positions playing like Destruction Derby...

Attached Files:

20. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The whole discussion is about how to force people to participate in the races who for various reasons do not want to / can not at that moment and not about people participating because they enjoy it.
    I think this the wrong direction. I rarely participate because it's mostly about avoiding others and not really about just having fun. The standard answer from most in the forum is League or you just don't take it seriously enough.

So maybe you should think more about motivating people instead of punishing them.

• Like Like x 2