Question strange clutch behaviour I noticed driving the x-bow

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by testdriver69, Nov 25, 2016.

1. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    it feels like a slipping clutch

i drive with clubsport v1 pedals
    sensitivity at 70% and bitepoint at 3
    H-Shifter setting is @ "on" in configuration
    I use the csshifter

so I rev hard and upshift with the h-shifter and the clutch seems to slip
    the revs go up, and fall down again following normal full throttle behaviour
    it happens altough the gear is already in and the clutch is fully engaged
    so i am not missing the shift

i don't think the wheels still spin in 5th or 6th on the crossbow when i hammer the gears at full throttle ...
    at least i can't hear wheelspin

anyon else experiencing this
    it is very irritating

not having this kind of problems in AC or RF2 or AM

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You could try Clutch bite point 1 see if that makes a difference. May help if you have autoclutch enabled.

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    well, using auto clutch in this car would totally miss the point of the experience. It's an h-shifter car and you should be able to use it as one without auto clutch.

I have the same problem with the KTM. I use CSP v3 and no matter which clutch biting point i select, how i set the sensitivity of the clutch and the deadzones. It's always the same effect OP described. You have to wait about 1 or 2 seconds before the gear is fully engaged. I can't imagine that's intended. It's a race car with short shifting, so it doesn't make sense having such a long time before the game engages the clutch again.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Counting from the moment you release the clutch?

5. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    for me bitepoint only has influence on the clutch when starting , so set @ 1 -> immediatley lets the car roll when you let off the clutch just a little and @ 5 this point comes way later. when on the track i can't feel a difference when shifting
    in low revs shifting seems normal btw
    @sbtm : you are right you have to wait until hopping on the gas again but even my 2000 celica can shift faster :D
    something is fishy with the clutch

@ christian : yes , you hammer the gears at upshift like on a real car and the revs bang into red like the gear is not propper in
    just give the x-bow a spin with clutch an h-shifter

atm i can't drive this car with manual clutch and hshifter :(

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, I'll try to attach those to my gamepad. ;) Not a wheel owner here, I'm just asking to get an idea of what is/might be going wrong so I can write a bug report.

7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that there's something funny with the gears of x-bow, ie. gears change really slow with clutch and h-shifter.

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    K, I think (because obviously I don't test/report such stuff) that this might be exactly what Andi reported during testing. It's just strange that it got fixed back then and now somehow broke again when pushing it to public...
    Anyways, if it's the same thing at least they know how to fix it. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. EnricoS92

EnricoS92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm too that there's something broke, I tried with the keyboard with and without auto clutch. With auto clutch it's better but not too much.

10. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    You can experience it mostly when shifting 4-5 and 5-6 always reving close to red then execute the shift.
    When gear is in and clutch is disengaged you have to wait a bit until you engage the clutch and floor the throttle again.
    If you shift like you would in a real car then the revs go up although the gear is already in and clutch is fully engaged.
    In a real car you would think the clutch is slipping at high power when you clutch kick, or the wheels spin but this is not an ultra high power car where you can spin the wheels in any gear when shifting
    ...timing seems to be a little off

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Tested KTM for the first time today and the first thought was: how could this pass the test. Is it just one beta tester driving with h-shift and clutch?

12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This question could be asked over and over, multiple beta testers yet bug after bug seems to get into the game, removed bugs magically reappearing, bugs just not spotted, it goes on n on, i rekon its all the beer n drugs myself, or maybe thats just my problem ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    You know the answer, it's Christians fault as always!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Think that week we tested Ktm @Andi Goodwin had h-shift and i had the clutch , we really should keep them together i guess ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I just disabled auto-clutch and shifted without clutch and only manually blipped the throttle on downshift and got a good second off of my previous best time in the XBOW-Challenge on Zandvoort. The gaining I had on the straights was massive!

With auto-clutch it shifts really slow and, like the OP said, feels like it's slipping after releasing the clutch. Also shifting with H-shifter and manual clutch isn't an option since the clutch doesnt release but that is a known problem.

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I've been clean for over 10 years and only drink on special occasions (new years, maybe my birthday) so that bit maybe just you :D

We're not 100% sure where some of the bugs come from to be honest, most that get reported in the public builds aren't present in the test builds, obviously, some slip through the cracks, we don't all think the same way, so setup exploits etc aren't always found until someone finds them in a competition, it's a pain but some of us are just too honest :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Seems like you guys are requesting a good word to be put in for you with the devs because it sure sounds to me like you guys are ready to volunteer 20+ hrs a week of your free time to do some bug testing... ;)

I could do with some more beer while I avoid reporting any of the bugs I find though. What's that expression again... It's always happy hour somewhere in the world.

Cheers

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Well... I don't want to be mean but, yes i think that it would be a good idea to have more beta testers. There is a lot of things that should not have past the tests, many of them are still not fixed. But nate, i don't know how this testing works, maybe you guys have done your reporting, maybe it's the devs not listening?

I don't know nate..

Take the Group 5 cars as an example, it's impossible to make the wheel spin (burn out) on the first gear on several cars. How real does that feel? Think hillclimb...

• Like Like x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Sorry mate, bit grumpy at times when people insinuate that nobody is doing anything behind the scenes.

I know where you are coming from though. It certainly feels like development is slow at times, and a mystery how seemingly apparent bugs can squeak on through and end up in the released update.

More testers is certainly good, but sometimes there have been new testers we get that arent very active, and need to get the boot after a while due to never reporting any issues or testing at all. I cant share any specifics, but I can certainly say that there are probably more bugs/issues/discrepancies that are reported than anyone around here could even fathom. Some of the guys on the team notice the most trivial issues. Things like a single pixel being off somewhere on a livery or a track. When you get into that sort of depth and detail when testing, it isnt so much that the testers arent doing what they can.

With so many issues though, and a small dev team, I think this is where the main issue resides. According to the game credits, RR has 3 programmers. So these 3 guys are in charge of AI, new features, maintaining the game, and fixing all the bugs. It really is a monumental task. Especially with how many things get reported. It is simply unrealistic to expect everything that gets reported to be fixed in a matter of hours or days. This plays into how you prioritize bugs and what issues you can fix in a reasonable amount of time, but simply put, not everything will be able to be fixed before an update, or even months later. Every game out there suffers from this though.

If you compare to other games in the genre, Pcars had a team of 150+ when they released Pcars (1). And look how that game turned out. GT has a team of multiple hundreds and every game they make is delayed either months or years. With a team like Sector3 has, it shouldnt be any wonder why bugs happen or arent immediately fixed.

Im not making excuses, because the bugs certainly annoy me too, and hinder my enjoyment at times when the MP servers crap out or the menus are slow to load.

Dont have a solution to this either, so, this is just one guys perspective really. :p

Yeah, agree there. I dont know the details of the inner workings of the physics engine, or what the goal is to simulate all the cars, but I think concessions have to be made here. Perhaps having low speed physics where you can burn out somehow interferes with the physics when the car is in motion. These things are incredibly complex, so this seems logical to me given my knowledge of some other games too. I suppose if they get the driving physics as good as they can when the car is actually racing, that works for me.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As you see in Nate's response, we can't be too specific about what's going on behind the curtains, but there are more imaginable scenarios than those two you mentioned.

But what Nate said is not to be taken lightly at all: If anybody is seriously interested in testing (not just driving around in upcoming cars on unreleased tracks but testing menus, going through settings and checking each for functionality, keeping eyes open for visual glitches, testing car visuals/physics and AI behaviour on every possible car-track combo etc. etc.) and willing to put in time on a regular basis, you can direct an application @Sonat Ozturk.

• Like Like x 1