Problem Strange FFB behaviour while car is stationary

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ernie, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    This quite worries me a long time, but can't remember an existing thread about it.

A car in R3E which doesn't move has a very light steering wheel. Regardless if you're standing in the pitlane, on the road, on the grass or in the gravel. I've tested it with different cars (GT2, GTO, G5, etc.) and it doesn't matter.
    And it seems that the camber of the surface, on which the car stands, makes also a difference. If you stopp a car on a slightly sloped ground, the steering wheel turns itself into one direction until max wheel angle is reached.

Try it by yourself ......... drive on the grass or gravel or other bumpy ground, stopp the car and let the steering wheel go. If the surface is cambered enough, the steering wheel is turning quite strong and fast into on direction. Otherwise, on plane ground the steering wheel is completely light, like there's no connection between the tires and the surface.

I think this is (or could be) also a huge problem for DirectDrive wheel users, because these steering wheels are so strong. Sudden and unexpected wheel movements could really hurt (or in worst case break bones).

I don't know if this is a flaw in the R3E tire model or an issue with the FFB.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Yes it happens all the time with me too.
    I thought it was the norm as I've just started to really drive r3e,I'm on a fanatec csw as you are so the power of this turning off track in gravel or grass is quite strong.

3. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    CSWv2 Same here. One time after qualify @ Bathurst i pulled off (the car that is) onto the grass going up Mountain straight. The wheel had rotated one full turn to the right. 1st & 2nd on the grid, When the race started my car lurched right taking out my mate who was next to me on the grid. I have never heard him say W.T.F :mad:so loudly on Steam Speak before. :confused: :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    My t500 will move one way or the other when the car is stationary. So at the beginning of races and qualifying I have to keep the wheel centered before taking off. Not a big deal but...odd.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely true. Noticed already back in the past especially in the sand of Zandvoort and grass of Brands. G27 here. Rotation wasn't that fast but was "pretty determined" :)

6. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    After about 2 weeks of quietness i'd like to recall this thread into mind, referring to the following posting by @Georg Ortner ....
    So what does this mean regarding the issue, which has led into making this thread? I would really appreciate, if someone from @Sector3 could bring some light into this, please. :)

Just quoting myself:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    It is an issue we are aware of, and will hopefully have time to fix in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, Georg.

9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Is this not impacting the steering wheel at low/med/high speed? I recall people reporting a weird "swaying" left and right on the straights when you'd let go the wheel. Does this effect alter somehow ffb output?

10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    No, the issue described in this thread is only affecting the ffb when standing still.

11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I get this too.