Question Stream PC booted after first race

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Goffik, May 15, 2021.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I ran my first event since the patch tonight, two 20 minutes races. I race on one PC and have another connected as a spectator to stream. Usually works fine. This time, I found that the streaming PC had been booted from the server at the end of race one, right at the point where it stops displaying the results and moves to the second warmup session. Rather annoying.

Since part of the patch was to fix an end-of-race issue (cars falling through the floor), I'm wondering if a side-effect of that fix causes spectators to be booted. Anyone else have a similar issue? I won't be streaming again until next week so it'd be handy to know before then so I can reconnect if necessary.

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I could setup a Testserver for you if you like

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the offer Otter, but I'm RaceDepartment staff so can get a server online easily enough. Getting people on it, including myself, on a day we don't usually race just to do a stream test is the issue. ;)

4. cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This issue just popped up for our group starting in July. Never had an issue before this time with the broadcast user getting dropped.